PDA

View Full Version : Titan Tips

Leatherdog
10th Mar 2004, 14:18
G'day there

I am about to be trained and checked on a Titan. It's been about five years since I've flown a piston twin and the closest aircraft to a titan in my log book is a C402c.

I have been reading the topic regarding decision point/speed and it's been very helpful, if anyone has a couple of pointers (and reminders) about flying piston twins I would greatful.

Thanks a heap.

Leatherdog.

:ok:

Flees don't bother you if you only have wiskers.

404 Titan
10th Mar 2004, 14:30
Leatherdog

Big tip. Don’t try and get out of a C404 via the pilot’s storm window like the C402C. From experience it hurts. On a serious note, the C404 is a nicer aircraft than the C402C. Systems are the same or similar but engine handling is more critical. The geared Connie in the 404 doesn’t like negative torque but if you fly it by the numbers you won’t have a problem. Unfortunately I have long lost or misplaced or they are in storage in Aus, my handling notes for the 404 but it was a beautiful airplane to fly.
:ok: :)

Leatherdog
11th Mar 2004, 14:14
Thanks 404 Titan.... I guess that you'd be the person to ask. We have two titans, one with the crew door and one without. I'm glad that both do have aircon's. The wet season isn't too classy without airflow.

It appears that your aircraft of choice is not a widely used type, judging by the replies. Not to bother, I am looking forward to putting a few hours in the log.

cheers

Leatherdog

404 Titan
11th Mar 2004, 15:07
Leatherdog

There are quite a few but not as many as the PA31-350. Generally a C404 is up to twice a much to purchase so this may have some bearing. Nothing though with the exception of a Queenaire can match its range and payload capability in its class.
:ok: