PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Medical

biggles72
10th Mar 2004, 06:54
Hi there,
I have the required health to pass an Aussie medical.

Question: Does the Cathay medical have specific Cholesterol limits?

I have a total Cholesterol of 6.5. Would this preclude me from getting a job with Cathay?

Also are there any eyesight requirements for direct entry 2nd officer?
My eyesight is -4.75 but correctable to perfect.

A quick reply would be appreciated if you know the answer to these questions.

Thanks in advance have a great day.
:ok:

ArcticNisus
23rd Mar 2004, 22:06
Hey biggles,

I know the F/O medical does not have a cholesterol standard. It's not checked as part of the blood test. I'm reasonably sure it's the same for S/O.

I'm not sure about the eyesight, however. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say they are very fair and if it's correctable, and meets ICAO medical requirements, then it should not disqualify you.

In short, I'm willing to bet that if it's good enough for Aussies, it's good enough for CAD.

Good luck.

Night Watch
24th Mar 2004, 00:27
biggles72 .....

Didn't do a Cholesterol test in my CX medical, however (and don't take this the wrong way) if you are not the fittest tree in the forest and have a BMI problem, this will not help your cause. The CX doctors said they were cracking down on high BMI on all CX tech crew.

good luck :ok:

biggles72
8th Apr 2004, 09:04
Thanks for your reply guys. No my BMI is perfect and everything else perfect. Only Eyesight and Cholesterol bad.

See you in HK

Hawk
8th Apr 2004, 11:35
Hi biggles, might be worthwhile taking your posting into medical and health forum..see what the doctors say.. good luck anyway.

Dutch-pilot
11th Apr 2004, 17:39
And what about the examination of your eyes??

Do they also give you Ishihara testplates for the colour vision?

DP