PDA

View Full Version : mad idea..... but it might just work

pil
10th Mar 2004, 03:20
gatwick north is a rather dull terminal to find yourself being stuck in after being super efficient and arriving 4 hours early for a regional flight. anyway, whilst plodding around trying to find something to occupy my futile mind, i was drawn to this rather tart looking car located somewhere near boots. apparently its a prize in a rather expensive raffle and not being a gambling man i decided not to part with my folding. then in struck me!
a wee piece of card advertising 12.5 hours in a citation bravo for you and 6 buds to be pax and flown anywhere in the world. now, not having 6 friends i thought, what is to stop me using this flight time and getting myself type rated on a citation bravo. obviously, there needs to be a TRE and all the associated ground school. but as we know it's the flight time that costs and surely for a little gamble this could pay off hansomely for one lucky punter.

just a though like i said so pur-lease don't flame my ignorance.

toodles.

TRon
12th Mar 2004, 05:13
I wouldn't bother. They are all a con. They get Lloyds Insurance in London to insure against a win, essentially they buy enough of the tickets themselves so they nine times out of ten win....

No doubt someone else know more about this, but it isn't a good deal!