PDA

View Full Version : Idiot on 126.900??

wheelchock
7th Mar 2004, 23:41
Heard the other day around BKO some weird call on 126.900, something like "Hey partner" and blablabla. Didn't think much of it, until it happend again, about 2 weeks later, same voice, same crap. This time it clearly was an American voice.

Didn't hear the callsign, nor did I hear him on BKO.

Does anyone know who this clown is, and has anyone heard this also??

Capt Fatso
8th Mar 2004, 00:10
My friend, I also flying in Africa, and the other day I was flying around BZV , and I also hearing a possible comunication on 126.9, with an american accent, about THE PARTNER MEN, or something like that

I think it was pretty funny, please keep the blue side on top.

If I am hearing more reports like that i will post it

Take care:8

wheelchock
8th Mar 2004, 01:00
Personally i don't think it's funny at all. Same kind of people haven't got the slightest clue of where they are, but yet deem it necessary to have fun on the radio. :yuk:

B Sousa
8th Mar 2004, 22:10
Wheelchock writes: Personally i don't think it's funny at all. Same kind of people haven't got the slightest clue of where they are, but yet deem it necessary to have fun on the radio.

Are you the same guy who calls the CAA everytime an Airplane flys over your house? Next time turn your volume down then you wont have to listen to someone enjoying the airways.

wheelchock
8th Mar 2004, 23:21
B Sousa,

No I don't call the CAA, and frankly don't understand your point of enjoying the airway, is this how you enjoy the airway? If these kind of calls are made every now and then, it's ok, but after a while they get very annoying, especially if they're continous....

I asked if people have heard these simular calls, and didn't asked for your oh so professional advise.

Donald Dunbar
9th Mar 2004, 00:04
I would have to agree with wheelchock. It is very unprofessional to abuse any freq. I have also heard such calls in the past, and also got annoyed with it. I don't think people should enjoy "The Airways" in such manner.

Rhodie
9th Mar 2004, 01:12
wheelchock

Your profile indicates you also enjoy the good things in life...!! :ok:

Now, I don't know where 126.9 is used - my chart in the patch of sky where I hang out (SA, Zim, Bots and Namibia) doesn't have that freq. listed, so I do not know if it is a busy freq.

What I do know is that 'chats' on the busy (i.e. GF) freq. would not be tolerated - if we hear a friendly on the radio we can always call for numbers, but that said - I have on occasion heard a familiar voice and exchanged greetings with said party - you may not see the speaker for months on end and sometimes, in deepest darkest Africa, it's great to hear an old friend and say hello. There are times when info is passed on, conditions at destination (when out of range of same) and sometimes very vital news - otherwise, just an invite for a cold one when down and de-paxed..

Some of my friends do indeed have a "American accent", but I try not to hold that against them... :E

Next time the 'partner' calls - if it's busy, tell him to change to numbers, if not, say hello - I have met some fantastic people and good friends like that.

R

9th Mar 2004, 01:17
126.9 is the Inflight Broadcast Frequency used for air-to-air communications over more than 90% of the African continent. It's probably the bussiest VHF frequency in use anywhere. It's use has minmised and prevented many incidents and accidents.

It's use I believe is imperative to aviation safety over Africa and it keeps all of international traffic flowing as smoothly as possible all through the continent.

126.9 is not used in the same manner as 123.45 since it's intention is to maintain own seperation in poorly or un-controlled areas. :8

Rhodie
9th Mar 2004, 01:35
Thanks 126.9

Seems I need to get further North more often...! :suspect:

Not to Harare now, tho' - they have their own problems.. :mad:

I must agree that it is not a 'chat' frequency - but I still say a friendly voice in unfriendly skies is good to hear...

R

wheelchock
9th Mar 2004, 01:38
Rhodie,

I am always trying to enjoy the more finer things in life, if they're available..... As for this freq, 126.9 has explained that very well.

I feel the same way like you, I would also use a freq to say a quick hello, and then ask to come up on 12345. However this individual, "The Partner", keeps blabbing away on it, to no one, just shouting "Hey partner what's up man?" There's nobody else on the freq at the time, so haven't got a clue to whom he's talking, but I presume to himself. It's just very annoying to hear it over and over again.

I have the feeling if I would answer him, the story will never stop...Therefore I think I'll leave it like it is. I'm just wondering who it is, and why is he doing it.

At the same time he's not using the freq where it's for, this makes me wonder where he is, maybe on a colition course??? That's why I'm a bit ticked off with the guy.

Cheers,

Wheelchock

Rhodie
9th Mar 2004, 02:02
Ah, wheelchock

Understand now - it's not a two way, just a one way call...

Sounds like some d1ckhead on the ground maybe, with a handheld calling whoever flies over...

Agree on ignoring him - but if he persists, I find Napalm works very well.... :E

R

wheelchock
9th Mar 2004, 04:14
Rhodie,

Could very well be, but seems this is not only Bamako area, sounds like the same thing in Brazza:

Capt Fatso:My friend, I also flying in Africa, and the other day I was flying around BZV , and I also hearing a possible comunication on 126.9, with an american accent, about THE PARTNER MEN, or something like that

Coincidence? Maybe.

B Sousa
9th Mar 2004, 09:20
Wheelchock writes:"I asked if people have heard these simular calls, and didn't asked for your oh so professional advise."

You get your shorts in a bunch too easily. I also agree that main frequencies are not for BS calls. There are times though when folks are hangin it out over the humid green and its quiet. Sometimes its good to hear a human without. "Eaaah"
Relax a bit maybe someone will even answer you someday....

Whats Oh so professional advice?? The fact that the biggest whiners about Pilots are other Pilots??

And Rhodie how is that handheld I gave you working. Is that you pissing off Wheelchock?? Next time we make it North, maybe we could have him in for a Windhoek...

CaneRat
9th Mar 2004, 14:19
Aaaah, Wheelchock, Whats up Partner?:p

wheelchock
9th Mar 2004, 16:00
B Sousa,

No you haven't managed to piss me off yet, unless you're "The Partner" of course. If you agree that the freq is not for bs, why are you keep on nagging then? And if you think that this feq is not a "main" one, then pls don't bother coming up north.

George Tower
9th Mar 2004, 17:34
Careful guys, last time the happenings on 126.900 were discussed in these pages it ended up in the Sunday Times as news.

:rolleyes:

B Sousa
9th Mar 2004, 19:23
Wheelchock, I think the problem is that we disagree on what is a busy frequency. For instance busy and no nonsense to me is daily when I am in a stack of 15-20 Helicopters trying to get ATC to give clearance into Class B airspace while we are holding outside, as one of about 15 controllers is working his/her ass off to get another 15-20 727s-777s also into two runways simultaneously. At the same time working as many departures. There is no room for chit chat there.
Sorry to have got you all uptight, your busy and my busy are different. Beer is on me.

wheelchock
10th Mar 2004, 03:56
B Sousa,

I think you got me all wrong from the start, and you didn't get me uptight. If you don't get my point on the matter of this thread, let's just leave it at then then.

Cheers!

Capt Fatso
10th Mar 2004, 23:29
My friends, no need to get so mad about the PARTNER, I was flying these days around Cotonou area, and who do i hear!!! HEY PARTNER, WHAT's UP MEN!!!, same voice, same salute....

Who is this guy, a sky phantom???:eek: or just an amateur pilot who wants to share his greeting to everyone???

The fack is that i several times called him back but it seemed he was gonne, the day after I hurd him again, but this time around, Libreville.... This time he answered me with a short HEY BRO!!!, the he disapeared.

In my opinion he is pretty funny, no harm is donne, he doen't keep the frequency that busy, just for few seconds...

If I encounter once again with THE PARTNER, guys...i will let you know

Greetings to all of you, my friends:8

B Sousa
10th Mar 2004, 23:34
From Capt Fatso' response it seems that someone is using the handheld stolen from Rhodie............

CaneRat
11th Mar 2004, 14:56
B Sousa, WheelChock,

Well Hello Partners, its good to see that you chaps are starting to patch things up. It sure looked like the begining of a lovers quarrel...:p

Now who offered the cold beer? :ok:

wheelchock
11th Mar 2004, 22:14
CaneRat,

Just because Bert and I have a different opinion doesn't mean we don't love eachother anymore..... Beer's on Bert, Cheers.

Capt Fatso,

Is your story true, or are you taking the p*ss out of me???

planecrazi
12th Mar 2004, 00:04
Last night we took-off on a 5247nm northbound flight and started immediately on 126.9. We then spend the next 9 hours or 4200nm on this frequency among others and HF and stop broadcasting on 126.9 when passing 30 degrees north, as per the In Flight Position Broadcast (IFPB) This frequency is a professional frequency, but spending so much time on it on each flight, you get to hear a lot and in french too, possibly dutch and anything else. Trying to police it would just make it worse. 126.9 has saved many a near miss and should be treated with respect. However, you always hear the odd long time no hear friendly voice who says, "Howzit Bru!" and this is accpeted with a smile, even at a ridculous hour of the morning.;)

wheelchock
14th Mar 2004, 00:29
Don't mind to hear the odd thing or an hello, but hate this "Hey Partner" sh*t. They guy is really annoying.:mad: :mad:

B Sousa
14th Mar 2004, 03:52
Wheelchock writes:""Hey Partner" sh*t. " Thats what it is you just cant handle the accent..........Ha Ha. Im sure we would all be hammering your accent if you were yaking on the Radio in Texas.......

If we meet at the Rotor Arms, can I say "Howdy Partner"...........ha ha. What the hell I will even offer you some dipping Tobacco......

wheelchock
14th Mar 2004, 05:20
Bert,

Hey Partner, what's up man? What kind of tabaco is that partner? Good to see you still love me, partner!

B Sousa
14th Mar 2004, 05:45
A little Skoal, A Budweiser Beer with a Jack Daniels Chaser and then you got to ride the Bull.......You do that then your a real Cowboy.

wheelchock
14th Mar 2004, 21:27
DVR4G.DEP:

MK speaking French with Air France??? Wow, in this case I think I prefer listening to "The Partner" ....Talking to other country's while on 126.9, must have been blocked by "The Partner" again, never heard such thing. Check Jeps enroute chart, look at the part of the IFBP, see if you see country's and "The Partner", then please let me know.

Bert,

Drinking Castle instead, chasing it down with sours, riding the bull enough, or actually it rides me, and getting paid for it.

Cheers.

Dutchboy
14th Mar 2004, 21:34
Capt. Fatso:

How are you coming with your Spanglish? Check with Sportys they have a new Dick and Jane series especially for pilots.

Its called ''Spanglish for Dummies''.

Here are some excerpts;

Jane says ......Fly, Dick ,Fly.

Dick says............Bring food quickly

Joo no, ma fren .......I tink joo will like dees book.

Donald Dunbar
14th Mar 2004, 21:39
Why the insult? Capt. Fatso's english seems ok to me...compared to most people here, on top of that, he is not judging or moaning like some people here on the forum...

Grow up, Dutchboy :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dutchboy
14th Mar 2004, 21:43
Why the insult? Capt. Fatso's english seems ok to me...compared to most people here, on top of that, he is not judging or moaning like some people here on the forum...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I am not insulting my friend FATSO....only tryiing to help.....

Do Canadians help people or are they all dumb like you.

Lets get back to the important things here like...........how;s the catering?

Donald , like to joing us in starting a new thread about the catering? FATSO is an expert.....

no reds
16th Mar 2004, 21:29
. . . 126.9
. . why bother? - I know I`m a fine one !

wheelchock
17th Mar 2004, 01:00
no reds :

That's probably the dumbest statement I have ever seen around here, except for "The Guvnor" statements.... Clearly you have no f@ :mad: clue.

Major airlines flying over the continent, haven't got a clue how to use it, and you think you don't need it....Man, you must be mad! Do us all a favour, and don't ever bother flying in Africa again....For the sake of air safety.

I know Russian crews personally, who short cut airways, by going direct, direct to points, and broadcasting they're on an airway, and giving false estimates, relying on other traffic to find out where they are, as ATC is not the best of the world, and there you are, "why bother"!

This has nothing to do with "The Partner" on the freq, at him I can still laugh, in a way, but by your dumb statement, I really wonder how safe it is still to fly there!!!!!

Suppose everybody felt that way? The in experienced included....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You are a disgrace to the skies!!!!!:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

MaxBlow
18th Mar 2004, 09:01
Did a charter to KRT one day and we came very close to get a RA because a Sudan Air flt. never bothered to use 126.9

On the way back north the same guys where coming back not doing one single report.

The 'hey partner thing' well I wouldn't care too much. Maybe he'll wake some of you up during long periods of silence in these ultra dark nights...

:}

wheelchock
19th Mar 2004, 22:54
MaxBlow:

I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same way about it. As far as "The Partner" goes, haven't heard him in a while now. I'm surprised nobody else has heard him, except for Fatso, but not to sure about his story.

srjumbo
23rd Mar 2004, 20:17
Guys
Be thankful you are not flying over the Atlantic and listening to 123.45. Whenever there is the slightest bit of turbulence the Americans hog the airwaves with 'ride reports'. They then recognise a voice and it's "Hey Chuck, is that you!" Pity they didn't keep it as professional as you chaps in Africa.
Keep 126.9 open. If anyone is abusing it they should be named and shamed if possible!

B Sousa
24th Mar 2004, 13:09
SrJumbo writes" Whenever there is the slightest bit of turbulence the Americans hog the airwaves with 'ride reports'. They then recognise a voice and it's "Hey Chuck, is that you!" Pity they didn't keep it as professional as you chaps in Africa."

Your right, its the Americans fault..........Also their fault that Heathrow and Gatwick are so crowded. They should stay home and nobody would have to fly the idiot circle before landing there.
Lets see what else can we blame them for........Maybe the Weather in the U.K. Its the Amercicans fault. Vehicle Traffic..Yes, its the Americans fault.
But then how come most of my passengers are British Tourists. What could they find interesting in the U.S.??

Jetdriver
24th Mar 2004, 16:32
The Grand canyon ! which is also an american fault !

ok...... I know it's not..but San Andreas was a bit obscure :E

B Sousa
25th Mar 2004, 00:59
Thanks Jetdriver :D :D :D :D

srjumbo
25th Mar 2004, 17:11
Sorry but just expressing my opinion as to how professional everyone is South of the Equator on 126.9 compared to 123.45!

B Sousa
25th Mar 2004, 18:43
SrJumbo writes:"Sorry but just expressing my opinion as to how professional everyone is South of the Equator on 126.9 compared to 123.45!"

And I was just expressing a little fun your way.... This is a forum, dont take a lot of this too seriously

wheelchock
9th Apr 2004, 09:15
Looks like "The Partner" is on vacation or something, haven't heard him now in a couple of weeks. Let's hope it stays this way.

Bert, it's all your fault, not only the Americans, mainly yours.

Cheers!

contraxdog
10th Apr 2004, 05:58
Dear all,
I got duly shat out by a Russian/Ukranian crew of a civvie operated aircraft circa 1901ish in the eastern DRC because I wasnt calling on 118.10. When I pointed out that the frequency is actually 126.900 the Engineer pulled out a wheelspanner the size of a spade and wanted to admonish the gospel to me. (Maybe it was the question of whether their equipment doesnt get to a frequency that high that irritated him).I took a step back and flashed the international peace sign developed in the early 60's. I offered him a Jeperson High low chart as a peace offering wich he accepeted with a grunt (that sounded like "illstickthisspannerupyourassbeforeyoucanblinkaneye") and handed it to his Captain. They offered me a glass of deicing fluid as I offered them a cup of coffee, and we restored the international brotherhood of flying. When I explained why one uses the 126.900 frequency, through the CoPilot, who could speak English as well as the Captain could speak Swahili, they offered me more deicing fluid.(The Copilot is still working on his Swahili to woe the local lasses) I do remember sometime later that we all spoke Afrikaans and Russian but that is beside the point.
The last time I flew over their operating area I heard the Copilot beating out a near perfect position report on 126.900(albeit with Swahili accent creeping in....)
The point I am trying to make is sometimes they just dont have the info.....sometimes they are just unfamiliar.....sometimes they also dont feel the helping hand of the brotherhood stetching out!
They also like to make living, and the opertunities to fly excelent equipment for reputable operators are not that many.And they also would like to keep on living.
I make a piont of walking over if I have the time, say hallo and ask if they would like to have the High/Low chart I have just replaced.

To The Pardner critics, the man enjoy his work, he enjoy his enviroment, and it if he doesnt he tries to make light of it. He certainly puts a twitch in my cheeck. I know as Cliffie always said"...this is seriuos police business..." but lighten up!

..the time has come the walrus said to speak of many things, of sailing ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings..."

planecrazi
10th Apr 2004, 10:23
That is a familiar story and it reminded me of doing similar things in my 8 years of UN/ICRC contract flying in Africa and in the former USSR.

I think that is very helpful and they too, the Ruskies, will pass on the the information to their comrades, and so on and so on.

It's friendly, courteous and the message is brought accross without shaming them.

I enjoyed the story as much as you enjoyed the de-icing fluid.

Keep it up.:ok:

wheelchock
11th Apr 2004, 10:47
Telling people about 126.9??? Errrrr, what happend to the hi or low enroute chart? There's a little box on the chart with the correct IFBP......well at least on Jepps format...

contraxdog
14th Apr 2004, 20:30
The guys I was talking about, flew a AN 8. Living in a ****hole hoping to get paid. They were earning about $500/month flying anything for anybody, anywhere with their handheld Gert PieterSe. The high /Low I gave them was like a treasure, because there was no Celotape keeping it from falling apart and one could still read it.
The assembly of plates they had was hand-me-downs from others. Jepp, Airad and copies of copies of Gov isuued copies from when there still was a goverment.
Ja boet, somewhere out there there are guys doing that, because that is what they have to do because that is all they know. And THEY CAN FLY! The fact that they are alive is testimony to that. I sometimes wonder if I have what it takes to do what they do, with the equipment and resourses they have.

Wlibur and Orvillle had no qualifications or licences that allowed them to design, build, test and fly aircraft, but they still did. Thanks Will Thanks Orv! You rule!

They might not be your brothers with wings, but I am proud to say, they are mine.

..the time has come the walrus said to speak of many things, of pirate ships, and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings...

blowawayjet
19th Apr 2004, 14:49
so what happend to "the partner"? heard another partner got a job at air atlanta....flying the seven sixty seven, partner?

Capt Fatso
20th Apr 2004, 21:28
Hi to everybody, my friends... you are hammering me because of my possible english.

I was flying in africa and i hear a possible calling , hey partner, again....

So YOU ALL WONT BELIVE ME, I actually spoke to the partner guy, he was also flying but he didnt want to identify himself, also he knows that we are possible writingg about him in pprune, he thinks is pretty funny, he actually a nice guy, he also sent regards to all the partner fans, so he said...

Well my friends, I know my english is not possible to be perfect but i try

Bye:8

wheelchock
27th Apr 2004, 17:45
Guess 'The Partner' is still having a good time on 126.9....Heard him over FIH also...Wonder what 'partner' is flying?

wheelchock
26th Aug 2004, 12:46
Guess the partner is still alive and kicking, heard "The Partner" yesterday again blabbing away over Luanda....Will he ever give up?

doubleu-anker
26th Aug 2004, 13:38
Well at least he was speaking english, the ICAO agreed language.

I've heard idiots speaking another langauge. Now that is unproffessional.

fesmokie
26th Aug 2004, 23:26
I am the first to admit we need to be professionals while flying BUT, I,m also the first to try and make it as FUN as possible for myself and the rest of the crew. THIS FLYING FOR A LIVING ISN'T BRAIN SURGERY!!!!. So with that said why don,t people just LIGHTEN UP a bit, do your job and enjoy life. As for the American bashing I see all the time on the PPrune, maybe someone can show me the list of American pilots who have left scrap metal in the hills and waters of Africa cause they were too busy saying Howdy partner on the darn radio. :*

wheelchock
29th Aug 2004, 14:36
It's got nothing to do if "The Partner" is american or not, and I'm not bashing Americans. As for that list, I don't care about that, just look that sort of stuff up yourself.

fesmokie
29th Aug 2004, 17:34
I was refering to American Bashing in general... even though it was mentioned in the beginning of this thread the fact that the so called Partner had an American accent. As for a list I don't really need to see one. ;)

wheelchock
2nd Sep 2004, 08:15
Yes, "The Partner" has an American accent, however I'm not here to bash Americans. When I said "people like that", I was refering to people who screw around on the radio, and trying to be funny, and not even knowing where they are. It has got nothing to do with being an American or not. "The Partner" is still active, as I hear him more and more frequent now. I'm surprised others haven't heard him yet.

2nd Sep 2004, 09:16
Quote: the American bashing I see all the time on the PPrune
I guess it's going to take a while for you guys to realise that the rest of the world may be at least just a littled p!55ed with y'all..?

fesmokie
4th Sep 2004, 04:29
Well as a non American, Tell that to the Family,s in Russia right now! Y'all

wheelchock
4th Sep 2004, 06:32
Guys please, this thread is about "The Partner" and not about nationalities....

Solid Rust Twotter
4th Sep 2004, 07:52
smokie

What's Russia got to do with anything?

All this p@ss@ng and moaning isn't helping anyone. Next time you hear the guy ask him to change to chat freq and mention to him how you feel. Personally it doesn't bother me but it's not something I feel the need to do. It's a different story if it's on a busy freq.

While we're on that subject, how about the boere/Russians/French who yak off all over the DRC, Sudan, Algeria? It's a universal problem and not limited to one nationality.

wheelchock
4th Sep 2004, 08:09
SRT,

Believe me, I've asked "The Partner" many times, but he never shows up on 123,45....Other people have told him the same, but he keeps on yapping "Hey Partner, what's up man". As for the Boerre and the French and Russians, they don't bother me too much, as their talk isn't repetitive......

Captain Pheremone
4th Sep 2004, 09:43
To fesmokie (or whatever). I have been flying for quite awhile and I appreciate your breath of fresh air about enjoying it while you are out there. Yes lets be professional, lets be as good as we can be, but for godness sakes enjoy it. Or else get out my way.

Those with their continuous one-up-men-ship drive me crazy. They must remember there are always 3 sides to a story. Yours, mine and the truth. Usually those popinting fingers are the insecure ones who still think the art of flying is a big secret. ITS NOT.

But flying well IS.

Chow.Z.

wheelchock
5th Sep 2004, 15:46
Captain Pheremone, and your point is???

Donald Dunbar
9th Sep 2004, 10:21
So what is the latest on the partner?

The Partner
12th Sep 2004, 16:10
Hey Partner!

Hey man, heard you're looking for me? Wazz up? :ok:

12th Sep 2004, 19:18
You're from where dude? :yuk:

four engine jock
9th Oct 2004, 09:22
i think that with the hours of sitting in a cockpit . its a cool thing to hear hey partner.
all you guys that dont like are full of your self and take your job to serious.

keep it up partner

The Claw
9th Oct 2004, 09:35
four engine jock

Chill out dude:rolleyes:

I think that you will find that 126.9 was refering to The Partner's profile which states that he is from 126.9 ! :}

piesang
9th Oct 2004, 09:42
PARTNER FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

If oll Partner is you're biggest worry in life, then you don't have one.

The coffee and the roses smell lovely up here!

Cheers

four engine jock
10th Oct 2004, 13:16
hey partner.
i dont know why all these jockers are upset at your HEY PARTNER. on 126.9. nobody in africa follow the rules anyway.

keep doing it , just to piss them all off

wheelchock
10th Oct 2004, 13:18
Can't believe some of you guys actually like "The Partner", obviously you haven't heard him yet, with that deep voice: "Hey Partner, what's up man".... Very annoying, especially after hearing it all day long....

piesang
10th Oct 2004, 18:08
Hey Wheelchock!!!!

Haven't heard the Partner, but just tired of you complaining about him. Let it go mate!!!

There are more important matters to worry about, hence me finding another topic to read.

Cheers

fesmokie
10th Oct 2004, 22:44
Turn off you Frikkin Radio then, and quit :{ :mad: :mad:

sex bomb
11th Oct 2004, 11:11
hey partner.
i heard you the other night on my way to acc.
i think its so sexy. i would love to get to know you. frome your voice you must be gorgeous,
cant wait to hear you soon.
i get all hot when i hear you on the radio.

sex bomb

NIJASEA
11th Oct 2004, 20:21
WHEELCHOCK,
Hi i fly along the west coast of Africa and on more than one occassion have heard the call HI PARTNER on other operational frequencies mostly Roberts. I believe if the airway is not congested fine if it is save it.

Chess Mate
11th Oct 2004, 21:04
Double_anker wrote:

----------------------------------

Well at least he was speaking english, the ICAO agreed language.

I've heard idiots speaking another langauge. Now that is unproffessional.

----------------------------------

What do you mean with "ICAO agreed language"?

There another 5 ICAO languages, but it doesn't really matter.
Even for the R/T in every country people can speak in their own languages and IF services are provided to INTL flights that speaks a language other than ICAO, it must be in the national language OR english .

D_a you sound xenophobic...:yuk:

sex bomb
12th Oct 2004, 19:28
I heard the hey partner the other day around north africa.
had a long chat. he must be gorgeous cause hus voice make me, well i think you boys know what iam talking about.

please baby . i need your 126.9.

sex bomb

Gunship
12th Oct 2004, 22:25
.. if you have a pair of these (QQ) it was me ....

if you have a OO===============Q ...... :(

Uhmmmm stay away ! ;)

four engine jock
13th Oct 2004, 12:32
ok. if its true tell were your from. and where were you on the night of oct 7th.
if your right i give an pm.
and yes i got some !!!

36-24-36

The Partner
31st Oct 2004, 20:17
Hey Partners,

You know man, I thank most of you people's support! I'll be back in the African skies tomorrow. Check 26,9 for The Partner! Haha, just to wind you up, wheelman!

Dogma
1st Nov 2004, 13:18
Hi Partners,

Will darken the African skies soon on a trip to Accra. I would value any gen / Local knowledge.

P.S What is the best practice / format for broadcasts on 126.9?

fourpaddles
1st Nov 2004, 13:55
Dogma, have a look in the en-route section of Jeppesen manual AFR1. There you should find the exact format and importantly when to make calls on 126.9 - making the call when you are actually at the intersection could be closing the stable door after nobby has bolted...straight through your windshields.

Also, the format is printed on the high and high/low en-route charts to assist with making these transmissions.

The en-route section also details the area of applicablity of the IATA In-flight Broadcast Procedure (IFBP).

square leg
1st Nov 2004, 16:15
Format:

"ALL STATIONS"
Callsign
Flight Level
Diretion of Flight (northbound, eastbound etc...)
Departure and Destination
Route Flown (airway name)
Position and time
Estimated time over next waypoint

Repeat:

Callsign
Flight Level
direction of flight (northbound, eastbound etc...)

four engine jock
4th Nov 2004, 14:56
hey partner.WAZ UP MAN.
heard you the other day on my way to lbv.. all this 126.9 bull is realy starting to get to me. i dont think that theres one pilot that ever read there charts that tells them what to say on 129.9.
hell man 129.9 is all about talking kak. get it!!!

be good and keep it hard.

this is fernando martinez.
so much emotions

Maurice Chavez
5th Nov 2004, 20:00
I am Maurice Chavez, that's Chavez, not Shavez or Shavies, but Chavez. Being new here is no miracle, as our "partner" is advertising himself on 126,9, to check pprune. As far as I'm concerned, that's cheap advetisement buddy. However, I do like your "greeting" on the frequency. Next time we're up there, we must press the issue.

Fernando, I have the feeling that I know you, are you the guy who's runway is always alligned with his crutch?

four engine jock
5th Nov 2004, 20:12
Yes my friend. ITS ME mr emotion.
i heard you today.
they tell me that your landing today was not your best.
thats ok.
but will you p-- in my ear.
be good my dear mr chavez.
and remember to keep you crotch and your , well you know

fernando.

Capt Fatso
23rd Nov 2004, 16:23
Hi Guys, i am possible back in the forum... Got some fresh news from the partner!:confused:

I finally met the Partner myself:} he is a cool guy...he says he loves you all so much:ok:

I want to hear him again in the 126.9, please folks be kind to him....

Safe Flying:8