PDA

View Full Version : Registration Agents: Domain Names

BLUE SKY THINKER
7th Mar 2004, 22:43
New to this particular subject; any recommendations regarding a registration agent for a domain name?

Is the relatively new '.me.uk' very popular?

Any other 'pros & cons' .....?

Thanks, in advance.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
8th Mar 2004, 05:15
BLUE SKY THINKER,

IMHO, you are always better off finding something with a standard domain ending. That saves some confusion when giving the url out.

Example, if you get something like Ifly.me.uk, and someone else already has Ifly.co.uk, you are going to find a lot of people going to the co.uk by mistake and getting someone else's site.

Take Care,

Richard

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
9th Mar 2004, 22:12
BSK,

I am happy with www.easily.co.uk (http://www.easily.co.uk/) who I have used for serval domains. I don't make use of any of their webhosting or email account services, so cannot comment on those, but they make it very straightforward to transfer domains completely to the control of your own server (which is useful for me, but probably not necessary for you) :ok:

HTH,

/RTFM

Danny
11th Mar 2004, 02:22
I can personally recommend www.buydomains.com

Use them all the time, great utilities and excellent 24/7 tech support if you ever need it! :ok:

Rugz
11th Mar 2004, 07:39
I would recommend 1&1 for domain names (as well as hosting packages). Generally very good support and I've not experienced many problems over the last few years with them.

Their prices are very competitive:

.co.uk & .me.uk £1.99 +VAT (per year)
.biz .com .net .info £8.99 +VAT (per year)

www.oneandone.co.uk