PDA

View Full Version : Around Britain Air Rally (ABAR) - planning and info

johncouch
7th Mar 2004, 19:31
I thought it would be good to have a place where people taking part could share information and research for the benefit of all. Maybe because I would like some info myself!

I have planned out a rough route from the leg descriptions on www.abar.info. Few thoughts at this stage are:

1 if the MOD sites are already filled up what GA aerodromes will be used?

2. Restricted air space - was a bit rusty on the regulations of these but have found (on AIS) that AIP ENR 5.1 details restrictions. This I have downloaded but not yet digested.

If there is any info people want to share/questions to ask then PPRuNe seemed a great place to do it.

what plane you in?
Numbers taking part?
Whole or part route
Things to watch out for
Planning thoughts

TrevP
8th Mar 2004, 02:33
Hi all

I too have started rough planning and need all the help I can get!!

One thing I have noticed is at RAF Valley

VISITING AIRCRAFT MOVEMENT ACCEPTANCE

During Flying Training School (FTS) day flying periods (Mon-Fri 0800-1800):
Acceptance is stictly PPO. Civil pilots must hold at least an IMC rating

Aircraft may be required to complete a mandatory Instrument Approach if FTS flying intensity dictates

Hope the CAA turnround is quick on IMC ratings as I still haven't got one yet:(

johncouch
9th Mar 2004, 04:35
Hi TrevP.

When I registered I was told that the military places were full up so we would be using nearby GA aerodromes so maybe don't have to worry about EGOV procedures!

Where did you find this info as I can't find it in Pooleys or on the AIP but it must be somewhere.

Happy planning

TrevP
11th Mar 2004, 05:39
The info is in the Terminal Charts issued by the No 1 AIDU RAF

I must of registered early as I have been told I have a slot at all the RAF bases we are visiting.

How are you getting on with finding accommodation ?