View Full Version : 'Don't Penalise the Prudent' - BALPA campaign brochure....

Digitalis
7th Mar 2004, 16:08
Did anyone proof-read this claptrap? This is the most shoddily produced 'campaign' document I think I've seen since my class pushed for extra milk at primary school! :hmm:

Have a look at the 'illustrative' tables. Can you make sense of them? Thought not. 'Penny's Pension Statement' must have come from the Toytown Bank! Wrong column headings and missing figures discredit the entire document - and the other tables aren't much better.

The language throughout the brochure is somewhat childish and sensational, and the explanations unclear and incomplete. We are intelligent beings, BALPA, we don't need talking to like Sun readers! I, and all my colleagues, do agree that the pension fund cap is inequitable and the wrong tool for the job, but surely we deserve a clear, complete illustration of the legislation's effects in far more detail than this pathetic attempt.

I shall be writing to my MP, and to Gordon Brown. Hopefully I will do a better job than BALPA did of explaining why I object to this legislation, and what it means to me financially.

Meeb
7th Mar 2004, 23:55
I have always been an ardent Balpa supporter, however after being sent this very glossy piece of clap trap I am in serious doubt of Balpa direction. Still too nigel orientated it appears.... :mad: