PDA

View Full Version : SWISS v TURKISH

crewmeal
7th Mar 2004, 14:25
I recently had the misfortune of flying from BHX to IST via ZRH. The first sector on an ERJ was delayed 2 hours trying to find fuel as the Capt had forgotten to order it the night before. This resulted in missing my connection at ZRH. However I was rebooked on the Turkish flight 6 hours later, which i have to say was an excellent one on an old 737-400. The aircraft was clean, comfortable and the crew were professional serving a full free bar service and a hot meal with a choice - all in economy!! The Duty free range was excellent with a good range of products to choose from. The crew looked as though they enjoyed their jobs and nothing was too much trouble. On arrival at IST Swiss had forgotten to put my case on the TK flight so I had no baggage for 3 days whilst they tried to locate it.

The return flight from IST to BHX again via ZRH was not a pleasent one. Although the aircarft was a smart A321 with all the up to date facilities onboard including flight transfers on the mini screens, it was marred by the surly rude Cabin Crew. They showed no interest in the service. They were abrupt and did not want to help with my onward connection. When I disembarked at ZRH I told the Cabin Chief that the Crew were cold and left me feeling the same. She replied that 2 of them had got colds!!! She thought it was a great joke.

Is it any wonder Swiis are in the state they are in. Never again!!

Boss Raptor
7th Mar 2004, 17:48
I enjoy flying on some of the less mainstream carriers such as THY, CSA, Air Europa...just because thy dont have have the latest aircraft and latest IFE the service can be better overall...Ethiopian is still streaks ahead of most of their counterparts, they may not have the glitz but the service is so friendly and good...makes you think they still care and are a real person ;)