PDA

View Full Version : ONSPEED... Any opinions?

BoeingBoy
7th Mar 2004, 04:35
Internet speeds..

Being stuck out in the countryside, UK broadband will not reach me until the next millenium, by which time there will be so many subscribers that it will probably have the same download times as my 56k modem!

A disk on a PC magazine has put me on to this company for a 28 day trial. Whilst Norton seemed to go ballistic at some perceived mallicious text during instalation, I installed the program and I do notice an improvement in downloading most pages albeit with a slight reduction in picture quality (explained in FAQ's) but controllable.

Has anyone any experience of subscribing to onspeed, and would like to know what you 'techies' think before I depart with my £25.

Thanks

BB

:)

Naples Air Center, Inc.
7th Mar 2004, 06:56
BoeingBoy,

I do not know how well any of those accelerators actually work.

Before you spend your money on that program, look at this list:

Dial-up & Connectivity Search from Download.com (http://download.com.com/3150-2155-0.html?tag=dir)

You should be able to find other programs in there that might work for you.

Also, if you do not play games, you could always get Satellite Internet Service. There is a lag from bouncing a signal off a 50 gallon drum 22 thousand miles in space, but once the data starts coming down, it is very fast. (Upload is still via 56k modem though.)

Take Care,

Richard