PDA

View Full Version : RIP - ROBBIE SINCLAIR - ATC Cape Town

Goldfish Jack
6th Mar 2004, 23:40
It was with a huge shock that we heard of the horrendous death of our colleague and dear friend ROBBIE SINCLAIR, last night. Robbie stopped active controlling a year ago, but was in the FACT ATCC as our supervisor.

It appears his house caught fire and he was overcome from the smoke fumes and died tragically.

An eccentric colleague of note, he was well known for his passion of ATC and flying, as well as being an expert on the Dam Busters and 617 Sqn. Also for his love of SAR steam and Class15 F trains!!

Robbie, we will miss you and we will remember the good times. Give them stick up there and make sure they are under radar control!!

Gone and not forgotten - RIP

Your colleagues in the radar room :ok:

At present, we have no details as to any funeral/memorial arrangements. Robbie is survived by his brother, Roy, from the USA and we are expecting him here soon. We will keep you informed as to any arrangements

6th Mar 2004, 23:48
How decisive is the hand that reaps the crop,
And provides consolation alone in the God!

Thanks for many years of happy landings Robbie.

Gunship
7th Mar 2004, 00:34
:sad: RIP Robbie ! :sad:

4HolerPoler
7th Mar 2004, 04:09
Terrible news!

Very sad to hear and my thoughts and condolences go out to Robbie's family. He was one of a kind.

You live on in our thoughts Robbie.

4HP

27Foxtrot
7th Mar 2004, 05:58
RIP Robbie, you will be sorely missed.

27F

cleard4tkof
8th Mar 2004, 00:44
Was great working with Robbie 4 the last 7 years. RIP my friend and u will always be in our thoughts.

Deanw
8th Mar 2004, 16:09
Tragic news!

I remember first listening to Robbie on the radio many, many moons ago and was always impressed by his friendliness and professionalism. I even had the pleasure of meeting him once.

Condolences to family, friends and colleagues.

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

kamrav
8th Mar 2004, 17:47
RIP Robbie

Will always be greatfull for the many times he would let me join him when he was controlling. Will miss him.

banner boy
10th Mar 2004, 17:44
For your wisdom and advise in the Cape Town skies and the correct spelling and meaning of TIBBA. In the short time I had the pleasure, I am truley thankful. For it was just Monday at 8 that I phoned to seek your wisdom and guidance yet again, that I received the chilling news. Still the only guy I know without a cell phone.
To your loved ones, our condolences.

Dean and Lynn Stevenson Johannesburg SA

AfricanSkies
10th Mar 2004, 17:50
RIP Robbie. Your friendliness and professionalism will be sorely missed, as well as your patience with me as I was learning in the CT-based Pappa Charlies.

Terrible news.:uhoh:

tired
12th Mar 2004, 06:46
What a tragic loss.

Thanks for all the good times, the laughs and the beers.

RIP, my friend.

flyboy2
13th Mar 2004, 11:46
RIP Robbie

Condolences to the family

The days at FAJS & FACT not forgotten