PDA

View Full Version : BA .v. GB

Wannabe Flyboy
6th Mar 2004, 23:35
I'm off to MPL with BA soon but the flight is operated by GB Airways. I know that they offer the 'mainline' BA product (Deli Bag (or whatever it is called this month), interiors etc.) but will there be any noticable difference between them and 'proper' BA?

Angus Meecoat
7th Mar 2004, 00:57
No none that you will notice. As I understand it under the terms of the Franchise the service etc has to be the same.

I use GB/BA regularly to AGP and they are excellent.

Wannabe Flyboy
7th Mar 2004, 02:28
Yeah that's what I thought... different company (a la CitiExpress) but same service. I've never had a bad experience with BA - only a 30 minute delay at LHR due to French ATC striking...!

IB4138
7th Mar 2004, 03:31
Angus,

From what you say, GB must be in breach of their franchise agreement, as their service is far better than that from BA.

The AGP service is brilliant, shame they have to use Heathrow Terminal 1, which takes some of the gloss off.

crewmeal
7th Mar 2004, 14:09
IB4138 - you seem to have a grudge against BA. All you do is knock the airline (other forums) Whats your problem???

BA's service and product is still as good as ever. I have never had a bad flight on any flights. Always on time, service has been excellent in all classes.

GB's service is also good and very professional along with smart clean Airbuses. I don't think there is much difference in the service styles, which after all is the object of the product.

Yes I agree terminal 1 is a bit of a hell hole but thats down to the BAA. Lets hope lessons have been learnt when they build Terminal 5.

IB4138
7th Mar 2004, 16:51
Crewmeal

I speak as I find.
Perhaps I have been unfortunate with my recent BA experiences, including replies to complaints I have made to senior management.
I say experiences, as you have given Swiss the thumbs down based on one round trip (Swiss v Turkish thread).

BA's new A320/319s are superb to fly on.
After flying around Europe and beyond for over 40 years I am in a position to comment. I have flown on a lot worse airlines than BA in this time.
Regretably the present BA product is not to the standard it use to be. I always used to book on BA when I could.
bmi are also out of favour with me at present, as are easyJet's handling agents at Gatwick..its not just BA.

However I have no complaints about Swiss, as you obviously do.
Each to their own and we can only pass on our experiences.
If you try hard enough you can find a fault anywhere. Unfortunately I have not had to try with BA of late.

Now when it comes to BAA...I could write a book!