PDA

View Full Version : Thai Flights

Tudor
6th Mar 2004, 23:02
I don't know if this is the correct forum to put this on but if anyone could help I'd be very grateful.

I'm wanting to get a return flight from Penang to Bangkok in May and was wondering if it'd be cheaper for me to wait until I get to Penang and book through the local Thai office or to just book now over the net?

The price on the website is about £120 (regardless of which days I travel) and whilst this isn't a fortune it seems quite a lot considering the prices one can fly for in Europe nowadays.

Thanks in advance.

kwaiyai
8th Mar 2004, 12:58
What Ho,
I personally suggest you book at Penang, I presume you are going PEN to BKK and return to PEN. Tickets can be dear KUL (KLIA) to BKK return was about 1000 ringgit return, Air Asia have slashed that but you have to go from Johor at the moment. Have you looked at the AA option, Maybe there is a cheaper alternative. Also ask around in Travel Agents I gotta blinding deal one time to go to Yangon.
I cant help we fly freight.
Have a good one :ok:

Pom Pax
8th Mar 2004, 13:56
Daily Services Penang KL, KL Bkk on Air Asia, May prices look like about 75 quid. Ignore the KL Bangkok schedule, most routes ex bkk not displaying info. However using booking form displays both fares and schedules. Also consider the bus or train (from Butterworth over the bridge on the mainland) if your not in a hurry.
Airasia.com shows european rate fares book now fly April, these may be just introductory promos. About 30 quid (ain't gotta pounds sign only$), don't know if these will get repeated later for May flights. Bit like Ryan Air have to play with dates to get the better deals and I noticed another Irish type funny, there is a Bkk Hat Yai service and a KL Alor Star (Had Yai) service. Try the later and a little pop up says the a bus service to Had Yai every 10 mins journey time 90mins and it does not say but you would have to get on and off the bus probably twice at the border!

Tudor
9th Mar 2004, 14:47
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll wait 'till I get over there and then decide what to do!