PDA

View Full Version : Online Electronic PPL Exams

mazzy1026
6th Mar 2004, 19:10
Ok guys I've done some researching through the forums and come up with a couple of questions - first off I just bought the AFE PPL pack with everything I need (books, maps, logbook etc etc) and was wondering if rather than go to the local airfield to take each exam, can I apply and do them online ? Obviously I dont want to be paying for the material online - as I already have it - just want the exams.

Secondly a few people seem to be saying that the AFE questions and answers is no where near as good as the PPL confuser and that it contains lots of incorrect answers - is this true ? Would I be far better off with the Confuser - if so why?

Moocho grassyass people

Lee:ok:

BEagle
6th Mar 2004, 23:02
No, you cannot do the exams on-line. You do them in an invigilated exam room with only the permitted equipment. No electronic calculators, mobile phones (apparently some fraudster texted the answer string to his co-conspirator), computers, Mrs Palm machines or anything else. You are only permitted the time limit allocated and you will be debriefed by the Examiner.

Enjoy!

mazzy1026
7th Mar 2004, 01:43
Cheers BEagle - thats cleared a few things up.

Anytone got any info on the other question regarding the books ?

Cheers

silverknapper
7th Mar 2004, 03:33
Ask anything on PPL on the private flying forum as it says on the forums front page, guys there are more up to date on PPL issues.
I think the PPL exams changed recently so not sure how valid the confuser is. At the end of the day learn the books, it's not much work and it would save relying on a possibly out of date question bank. But as I said Private Flying is the place for this.