PDA

View Full Version : dragonair letter

toro01
6th Mar 2004, 16:05
I have received a letter from dragonair saying that"Your cv has been put on file for consideation when future vacancies arise".

What´s the real meaning of that?.Should I expect an interview in the future or is just a polite way of saying f***.off.

Fly747
6th Mar 2004, 16:22
Standard letter, but be persistent especially if you have the required experience. Update regularly and make it clear that Dragon is your 1st choice. Let them know that you are available for interview at short notice. If you have a friend already in then get them to go up and mention your name. Good luck.

6th Mar 2004, 23:45
I've just completed the selection process and it is my (unqualified) opinion that the letter which you have received is the first step in the selection. Should you choose not to follow it up, then clearly you don't get in. On the other hand, following it up on a regular basis (perhaps an updated resume evry 3 to 6 months) could see you being invited.

I had been applying for over 2 years before I got the nod for an interview. Also, having done all of my homework, I don't believe that you will find a better airline in terms of career and human prospects. :cool:

400librarian
7th Mar 2004, 05:43
I agree with 126.9 (and having also just completed selection)

If you have got a letter it is my estimation that you have made it onto their radar. The ball is in your court. Good luck

toro01
8th Mar 2004, 02:52
Thanks for all your comments. Can I ask you were are you planning to live126.9 ? Will you move to HK? Does the roster allow you to live somewhere else? Excuse me for the question, hope it is not to personnal.Thanks

8th Mar 2004, 07:46
It's not personal at all mate! I plan on living anywhere that Dragon wants me to live. I'm that convinced that this is THE career job in aviation that I'll do exactly what is required of me.

Good luck and keep talking to them...

hughorgen
8th Mar 2004, 09:15
:O 126.9 just passed the KA interview !!
Correct Attitude and pro HKG !!!

:yuk: toro01 failed miserably ...........
Hong Kong does not need more misguided xenophobes that see it as a stepping stone to riches and a part time domicile until the scamper back to Mum, the little lady in Oz or whatever !

I am certainly sick of having to spend my days next to whining expats bemoaning Hong Kong who have had years in which to change their circumstances.:mad:

Seriousy toro01, stay where you are and save all of us the grief of possibly having to work with you !!!

It'll save you a lot of :{

9th Mar 2004, 19:54
Let's hope you're right...? Not about him, but about me! :}

Azzurri
15th Mar 2004, 04:24
Did all you guys that got on with KA have A320 endorsements? If so, is it a requirement?

Azzurri - Regional Airline Turboprops

22nd Mar 2004, 11:42
B747 type rating. But I'm up for a MAN base on type. :ok: