PDA

View Full Version : So who has been banned from Pprune then?

airgeezer
8th Aug 2001, 03:38
So have you been banned, or do you know someone who has been banned. Why not spend half a minute registering under a new name and telling your story here. :D

Thirteen-Twelve
10th Aug 2001, 01:46
Obviously there is no-one stupid enough to get banned twice after having gone to all the bother of getting a new name!

Velvet
10th Aug 2001, 03:12
I know of at least one person who's been banned twice under different names - most bannings are only a temporary suspension though, but the best was when one came back as Piggy on Parole.

dingducky
10th Aug 2001, 03:27
i wonder how natterjack is doing :D :p :D

Velvet
10th Aug 2001, 03:38
You're right Ding - that makes two - hmmm

tony draper
10th Aug 2001, 03:43
What happened to Gerund,miss V, little tony didn't really frighten him away, did he?. :(

[ 09 August 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Kaptin M
10th Aug 2001, 03:44
I was incarcerated in PPRuNe Prison for a month's detention some time back, then on parole for another undetermined period (parole officer was PPRuNe Towers - a nice chap really - who sent me little emails occasionally, to let me know that I was still under surveillance.

A harrowing experience, only being able to look from the outside in, and not being able to post. Oh, and the adoption of another identity won't get you in if you use the same computer, as your ISP is blocked by the PPRuNe Police!

tony draper
10th Aug 2001, 03:46
I don't wanna be banished, the care in the community lady says thus place is doin me good. ;)

PPRuNe Towers
10th Aug 2001, 04:56
I wish I'd kept the original correspondence Kap. You'd have thrashed them on the posts per day thread........ It was actually quite a while ago now - about three years I think so for the newcomers believe me, Kaptain M was a truly prolific poster.

[ 10 August 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]

Velvet
10th Aug 2001, 05:02
Tony, when I last saw Gerund, we sat in the sun and drank wine and agreed that your 'Broken Pilot' thread was the most deliciously scary one that either of us could remember.

He will return from the Dark Place.................... I think, yes, I'm sure he will, really, truly, honestly, sort of, maybe, hopefully, come to think I haven't heard from him in a while.........

Tony, that spare hook is still empty isn't it honey.

Love Velvet

ps about that gal with red hair and brown eyes :D

[ 10 August 2001: Message edited by: Velvet ]

tony draper
10th Aug 2001, 05:13
OOOERRRR, red hair dark eyes Draper is off,like a robbers dog. ;)

Davaar
10th Aug 2001, 05:23
Beautiful, beautiful brown eyes,
Ah'll never leuve brrllooo eyes again.

Someone or other, 1950 or 1951. Can't quarrel with the sentiment.

Slasher
10th Aug 2001, 19:37
I should be banned..hmmmm...very shortley I would imagine.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

[ 10 August 2001: Message edited by: Slasher ]

PilotsPal
10th Aug 2001, 21:11
Captain Ed? Wasn't he ejected?

Unwell_Raptor
10th Aug 2001, 21:14
Slasher:

Just because it smelt of fish, don't deceive yourself that it always was fish.

cudgy_funt
10th Aug 2001, 23:59
I once got 9 and 1/2 points on my PPRuNe Driving Licence.....

redsnail
11th Aug 2001, 00:17
Amazingly I haven't ever been banned.....
The photos are the best insurance I have.... ;)

Bio Warrior
11th Aug 2001, 01:45
Just a genral question has a female ppruner EVER been banned?
Answers please
-Kittens curious

Eric
11th Aug 2001, 01:52
Bio,

Haven't you heard about what curiosity does to cats? :D

GoGirl
11th Aug 2001, 06:56
...and Reddo....I'd say that 'PPRuNe Handmaiden' Has got something to do with it :D :D :D

Cheers
GG ;)

429 CJ
11th Aug 2001, 14:46
It just goes to show...

It's not who you know, but what you know about them! :D :D :D :D :D :eek: ;)

PPRuNe Dispatcher
11th Aug 2001, 15:21
Don't forget, it's also what we know about you :eek: :D

Unwell_Raptor
11th Aug 2001, 15:36
Reddo:

To repeat PJDJ's brilliant question at the Ash Bash;

After Danny showed you Liverpool, did you show him Down Under?

429 CJ
11th Aug 2001, 15:48
Dat not fair, Dispatch.

I haven't accumulated anything on you yet!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :eek:

PPRuNe Towers
11th Aug 2001, 16:40
You can start buiding your dossier right now CJ.

Apart from being a truly primo tech guru PD recently went solo and is waltzing through the rest of his PPL..

Only minor hiccup was right at the start when he discovered a 152 didn't have a command line interface..............

429 CJ
12th Aug 2001, 16:25
One Nil I sez!!

Rob I must owe you for about a billion pprune badges now, though?

InFinRetirement
12th Aug 2001, 17:39
Rob isn't taking the money I am :D And that sounds like a sizeable sum for the fund thanks.

So generous some people, it makes my eyes water! :rolleyes: ;)

429 CJ
13th Aug 2001, 02:16
Woops. Now someones got it over me!

G'day IFR, Hopefully OzEx will have a few spares that I can distribute around here when he gets back to town. ;)

scroggs
13th Aug 2001, 03:09
The reason Reddo hasn't been banned is that driving is the ONLY thing she doesn't do under the influence... And I've been wondering about that 'Handmaiden' tag?
See your pictures and raise you.... ;)

[ 12 August 2001: Message edited by: scroggs ]

ExSimGuy
13th Aug 2001, 12:39
Towers,

Something else I learned about a C-152, just after touch-down when I reached for the reverse thrust - it doesn't have any! (so how do you stop this thing on a wet runway :eek: )

Never mind, home next week and back to Shoreham Flying Club to spend some more money :confused:

redsnail
14th Aug 2001, 23:50
Nope, I have not shown Danny "downunder" and I am not about to! Poor man would get scared and all! :eek:

Scroggsy mate, at least I could still heckle at the seminars! What was your excuse? Ya blouse! :p

Handmaiden? Yeah, interesting one that. I guess you would have to ask 10 Dubya about that one.

Piggy On Parole
18th Aug 2001, 12:50
Woo hoo it's so nice to be remembered :D Yeah I was banned for a while, soemthing to do with the Simpsons if I remember right :eek:

Ahhhhhhh the good old days :p

(And you reckon I didn't have trouble remembering the password for this name!!)

Just an other number
28th Aug 2001, 19:04
back to the top
I haven't been banned, exactly. But my profile is locked. Arrrgh. Ask moderator what this means - quote -
Sorry, your profile has been specifically locked by the board administrators. This means that you may not make any changes to your registered profile information.
well that's really rotten
and don't give me the 'as a new boy, you should be pretty scared about what we can do to you....' [email protected]
you can't tell a book by its cover or a ppruner by his/her ISP...
TTFN

PPRuNe Radar
29th Aug 2001, 00:17
Just an other number

I've forwarded your blocked profile problem to the main admins to see if there's an explanation.

But as for your 'new boy' phobia which you seem to mention in every post these days, have you got some sort of complex you want to tell us about ?? I haven't seen anyone call YOU by that title or threaten you as you seem to infer. So start demonstrating your PPRuNe experience and stop your hysteria. If there's a sound reason for your profile being blocked then we'll make sure that you know about it.

and don't give me the 'as a new boy, you should be pretty scared about what we can do to you....' [email protected] you can't tell a book by its cover or a ppruner by his/her ISP...

Aerosmith
1st Sep 2001, 00:43
Whatever happened to our old swastica bearing Capt.Ed?

LatviaCalling
1st Sep 2001, 01:35
Although OCB had his hiney slapped a few times, I don't think it ever came to the point that he was oficially banned. However, I think he's moved on to a more receptive audience. Thank the Lord!

Throtlemonkey
1st Sep 2001, 15:01
Whatever happened to Softon the serial pest ?

Techman
12th Oct 2001, 20:13
I was banned for reason lost in the mist.

Do kinda like the "On Pprune Probation" bit though. Can I buy that one for permanent use??.

Loki
12th Oct 2001, 23:03
Techman:

You can have my red writing if you want for free. Perhaps mine could be in a prettier colour.

I got banned for expressing ,somewhat forcefully , political views. (This was before the ban on politics)

hannibal
13th Oct 2001, 15:57
Throttlemonkey,

Alas, poor softon suffered a brutal and swift execution, one that was not without warning nor beyond his expectation.

As his alter ego, I must say, Prune does seem a little staid of late (particularly the Dunnunda). Softon misses the opportunity to vent and display acts of unruley and totally unjustified behaviour. As now all you'll find is whingeing, complaining boring tales of aviation humdrum. With no fights allowed. Its almost like watching a game of AFL.