View Full Version : Do you remember the old days........when....

richterscale10
5th Mar 2004, 20:47
Do you remember the old days when we would ....

take a DC9 out for the first charter of the year and bring it back empty - riding on trays down the aisle on take off!!!

sit in the galley after landing and guzzle a G&T at the speed of sound before tottering down the back and smile fumes at pax as they got off....

live off small packets (of anything!) that had somehow found their way into our flight bags as we had disembarked....

Does anyone remember ?????

Is anyone still at it?????

GK430
5th Mar 2004, 22:10
Remember when my father used to.
Thrust reverser delivered by you guys as soon as the park brake was set. And then down the back to rummage anything in sight.
Never had a litre bottle in the cupboard - always full of miniatures and small cans of mixers. Never needed a milkman - that always seemed to appear from a briefcase.
Dinner sometimes appeared out of a foil tray - but only if aircraft configured with Business or First class.

Remember landing back into LHR one night and needed to get the plane down to LGW in a hurry and nothing was decatered etc.
Needed a large case that night:p

OzzieO
6th Mar 2004, 06:14
I remember the days when people used to say please and thank you!!!!

capt cynical
6th Mar 2004, 13:34
THEN ALONG CAME;;
New age "Management", Political "Correctness", "Equal"????? opportunity, Beancounters, Shareholders, Pathetic little "Sycophants" All in The 1990's
Aaarghhh T.G.O.D's.
:{ :*

MeatHunter
6th Mar 2004, 16:11
OzzieO,

Please and thankyou??????
You must be kidding, or as old as I am

EasyBaby
8th Mar 2004, 08:41
I hear that European crew sometimes still have either a takeoff/landing drink or even both! Does anyone ever think that those good ol' days will ever return or will SOP's and management rule over us for the rest of our days?

QF 666
8th Mar 2004, 09:41
The Qantas Cabin Crew (retired) web site has a very interesting page devoted to 'do you recall?' - perhaps other airlines have the same.

http://www.wahroonga.com/~lawrence/qantas-stories/qantas-stories.htm

It is a great read and I doubtthese things could/would happen today.

crewmeal
8th Mar 2004, 13:39
QF666 - brilliant I have seen the website - it reminds me of my BOAC days back in the early 70's. Now time for me to put something together!!! Speedbird House watch out!!!!