PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Beach pilot training

benoss
5th Mar 2004, 12:44
Hi all,

Just a few quick questions for those of you who have done some training at Daytona Intl airport. I am looking at doing an instrument rating but do not know which school to pick. I am converting my licence (no IR yet) from Australia and all the flight schools here are new to me. I was hoping to hear from anyone who can recommend or warn me about any of the flight schools at KDAB. Even to go so far as to PM me about the good/bad instructors.

So far Falcon flight center, Phoenix and Executive Flightline have caught my attention. Any information at all, good or bad experiences, please please let me know.

I would hate to be misled by the smoothest school sales rep.

Also, would an FBO give better or worse training then a normal flight school? any thoughts?

razzele
5th Mar 2004, 12:49
hi benoss

i went to PEA at KDAB...well the school is a standard average school with average low hours pilots.

the airspace is busy and it does take a long time to get of the ground. remember embry riddle is sited at KDAB along with another couple of schools, regional and busniess jet traffic its gets quite busy.

the ATC services are very well organised and truly indicative of good IR training environment.

the school is quite busy which is nice, and the despatch girls are/were great and very friendly.

pm me for further info

ps...

i wouldnt recommend PPL training there though character building i found it ook too long.

if u do go there or anyone else is there drop me aline and tell me how things have changed over the last year

B2N2
6th Mar 2004, 02:46
benoss check your private messages please,
Cheers

benoss
8th Mar 2004, 03:58
thanks guys for your responses and pm's. however i am still looking for more info and would be really greatful if anyone has anything they can send my way or even a website which rates flight schools. anything like that would be cool.

cheers