PDA

View Full Version : Qantas and Baby Planes

Luca_brasi
7th Aug 2001, 10:56
A mother and her son were flying Qantas from Perth to Sydney (in seats 24E and 24F).

The son, who had been looking out the window, turned to his mother
and said, "Why don't big planes have baby planes?" The mother, who couldn't think
of an answer, told her son to ask the flight attendant.

So, the little boy asked the flight attendant, "If big dogs have baby dogs
and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?"

The flight attendant asked, "Did your mother tell you to ask me that?"

The boy said that she had.

With a clever grin, the flight attendant said, "Tell your mother it's because Qantas always pulls out on time."

:rolleyes: :D

Drop and Stop
7th Aug 2001, 12:10
Ahhh ... my son, I see you have purchased this months Aus Aviation...!!!

deepee
7th Aug 2001, 12:34
Once applied to British Rail and Cathay. :D

Luca_brasi
7th Aug 2001, 14:37
Actually yes i have, but i didnt see it in there. One of my friends sent me that. What edition is it from?? I have the August one, cant seem to find it.

Kermit 180
7th Aug 2001, 15:07
Dont care where it came from, twas funny. Thanks for sharing it.

Luca_Brasi, your signature obviously isnt a statement from Powers the U2 man? He was shot down at from that height.

Kerms :)

Drop and Stop
7th Aug 2001, 15:33
Luca, I was referring to your signature, back page. From memory (yep, I dont have the spare dosh to buy AA!) I think its attributed to the Briefing Room SR-71 ops USAFB somewhere in Japan.

Drop and Stop
7th Aug 2001, 16:10
It reminds me of a true story/joke/urban legend.
Pilot calls ATC: "Request Flight Level 850."
Young inexperienced ATC: "Yeah, if you think you can get there you can have it." :rolleyes:
Pilot: "Roger, descending Flight Level 850!"

nothing but stunned silence ..... :D

Luca_brasi
8th Aug 2001, 03:39
Yeah, my signature is from August AA, But no it wasnt about Powers and the U-2, it was on the hanger at the SR-71 FOB in Japan. I also have heard the story about requesting the high flight level and the unbelieving controller. There must be other stories like that regarding the SR-71 and U-2 and space shuttle and any other aircraft that dont fly at normal speeds or heights. Anyone got any?? If there is, ill change the thread name, when i work that part out :-)