PDA

View Full Version : A PAX-Bash?

PAXboy
5th Mar 2004, 01:33
Following a silly remark of mine in JB, a fellow pax has said in PM, "So, why don't we have a PAX-bash?" :=

I have not attended any bashes as I felt rather on the outside of things and the folks I read mostly are you lot. So I thought that I would raise the subject here first, rather than in the Bashes forum.

Is anybody interested in a bash that might have this sort of starting point ...
1) Set and Organised by SLF
2) The Mods get automatic invitation
3) Danny and Xenia (our Mod) get a free evening
4) All the rest have to be specifically invited
:E No, not really on that last one!

We might have a bash in the spring? In the middle of the old country? Perhaps Oxfordshire? I have NO IDEA where you lot hang out (other than TBS!).

So, what do you think of the idea, my fellow SLFers, would you like to meet and Bash each other?? :)

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

BRUpax
5th Mar 2004, 02:01
In principle I like the idea. However, it will all depend on our personal schedules and mine are pretty hectic. Can we find enough PAX ppruners free on the same day/evening?

Gouabafla
5th Mar 2004, 02:55
P'raps if we organise it at a random time in a bar at Heathrow we'll already find that there are a good number of us scheduled to be there anyway!

- Seriously: sounds like a good idea depeding on time and place.

answer=42
5th Mar 2004, 06:39
If I could make it, sounds good. LGW might be an option, simply because the locals are used to bashes by now.

I might get to use some of my air miles.

takenthe5thamendment
5th Mar 2004, 07:59
I shall be attending.........wherever, whenever! :ok:

PAXboy
5th Mar 2004, 23:19
OK, I'll let this message hang around for a week or two and see what happens.

5th That sounds suspiciously as if you would attend ANY bash ANYwhere. Hhhmmmm??? :p

Boss Raptor
5th Mar 2004, 23:23
Luv to but as above my availability us usually about 48 hours notice max.

Have been thinking of putting 'A BR in town' flag up when I am in Madrid etc.

Would be a useful forum to introduce - a noticeboard for meeting up informally with other PPruners at various places...

Globaliser
6th Mar 2004, 01:40
PAXboy: 3) Danny and Xenia (our Mod) get a free eveningThis bash obviously has the makings of a successful do. No sooner has this been posted than we acquire a second moderator on this board! ;)

takenthe5thamendment
6th Mar 2004, 04:58
5th That sounds suspiciously as if you would attend ANY bash ANYwhere. Hhhmmmm???

Not at all, well, maybe - could do with a good night out! ;)

surely not
6th Mar 2004, 06:07
But if no one from the industry attends who's going to put the last calls out to get you to the venue on time?

good idea:ok:

PAXboy
7th Mar 2004, 21:43
Well, s.n. you might be right. If all of the SLFeffers meet up in the bar - we'll never get away on time! Perhaps we would need some experienced ground crew to round us up and check that we are still who we say we are, before booting us on to the A/c?

I must say that I was also very concerned to see that the Mods are sensing a good party and all trying to cram into F Class. :E PAXboy quickly realises his error and, doffing his cap, gives up his seat to PPRuNe Radar. :\

There have been a couple of PMs that have expressed interest and the same as everyone else - availability. We could set a date three months hence and have no idea what numbers could be available when the time comes.

Continuning with thoughts but nothing firm as yet, I was thinking of a Friday night, so that folks might be able to tag it onto a trip. That is, if one is expecting a trip and knows the details of the Bash, then one might be able to arrange the trip to coincide? Or would a Saturday work? I know that telling families that one is going to be away for a Saturday night with a bunch of people one has never met, will be greeted with delight ... :hmm:

I'll try and post in the Bashes Forum and invite crews to read this thread and see how many might like a chance of meeting yet more Paxers on their time off. Of course, with the high quality SLF that we are, I'm sure that they will be rushing to meet us or, to find the bar. :=
--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Memetic
8th Mar 2004, 09:16
With all the regular travellers looking to arrange a meet up who's going to offer a venue?

Great word of mouth potential for you! :D

PilotsPal
9th Mar 2004, 19:39
No need to give up a seat for PPRuNe Radar - he has sturdy legs well versed in the practice of keeping him upright.

Regarding venues, if you want to meet up at LHR, the Three Magpies pub on the Bath Road is reasonably convenient (and unsurprisingly well known to a substantial number of mods). Pubs will always be cheaper than hotel bars.

surely not
10th Mar 2004, 00:43
and move on to Inhibitions later:O :O
Okay .......not a good idea :) :D

takenthe5thamendment
18th Mar 2004, 14:42
BUMPETTY BUMP

So.....is this a go-er or wha???? :)

Perhaps just pick a date, time and place PAX....... and see who appears!

PAXboy
19th Mar 2004, 16:02
Hhmm, looks like 5th is determined to have a party ... work load is a little lighter next week and I'll see what I can do.

Paracab
20th Mar 2004, 16:28
Are all PAX/SLF welcome ? Would be nice to put faces to proon names...

PAXboy
20th Mar 2004, 18:04
That's what I'm aiming for! I should like the chance to chat with some fellow slf-ers, not to mention our host and the mods who so kindly give them time to this forum.

I am trying to set up something for late May/early June and as central as I can but nothing is booked or set. Obviously, whatever date is chosen there will always be folks who will not be able to attend be it at long or short notice. Thanks for the interest.

Bletchley
20th Mar 2004, 22:57
Go for it PAX boy

Memetic
12th Apr 2004, 23:02
Some bump text...

...date?

West Coast
13th Apr 2004, 06:03
I thought this was a thread about bashing pax for the stupid stuff they do. The most educated of people leave common sense at home when they leave for the airport.

ExSimGuy
13th Apr 2004, 15:24
Love to Guys, but current work schedule dictates that BAH airport bar is the best I can do for the next 4 months -- forget RUH airport - the bar there sells "shai" (tea) only :(

(Maybe I could hop a flight to Dubai thoug at a push?)

Final 3 Greens
14th Apr 2004, 13:02
If I'm around, would live to come along.

F3G

ExSimGuy
14th Apr 2004, 14:01
F3G,

Is there something we didn't know about you? "If I'm around", and "I'd live to come"

I hope it's not something terminal :{

ESG

BrightonGirl
15th Apr 2004, 08:03
A truly wonderful idea, PAXboy, which has immediately made me miserable, seeing as I live on the wrong continent. But if by some lucky chance I win the lottery between now and whatever date you set, I will definitely be there.

takenthe5thamendment
20th Apr 2004, 07:51
And if I win the lottery BrightonGirl, I'll send you a ticket! :D

BrightonGirl
20th Apr 2004, 08:26
Very kind of you, Taken/5. I'll hold you to that.

PAXboy
20th Apr 2004, 13:04
Oh dear, since all these people seem to think that it's a good idea, I may actually have to do something about it now. :rolleyes:

--------------------

mini
20th Apr 2004, 20:55
PaxBoy,

Great idea and obviously popular but pls be careful it doesn't drive a wedge between Pax and the rest of the PPrune gang, after all the PPrune Bashes are open invitations.

Why not present it as a Pax bash and open it to all? I'm pretty sure anyone who turns up ,would be good company.

Unfortunately I can't, but if I could I'd be there.

Next time hopefully...

:ok:

PAXboy
21st Apr 2004, 13:20
mini: Thanks for your post, to clarify, my opening post made of joke of not inviting others. :=

All would be welcome, without reservation. I would plan only that if Danny and either of our Mods attend, that they should have a free evening covered by a small whip-round amongst the rest. Of course, who gets to make the whip-round, will be chosen by the organiser and his word is final. :}

--------------------

Final 3 Greens
22nd Apr 2004, 16:55
Is there something we didn't know about you? "If I'm around", and "I'd live to come"

Nothing terminal :D, just a heavy schedule!