PDA

View Full Version : ATPL-CPL-IR-Licence in hand-job-MCC-job applications

tom24
4th Mar 2004, 23:42
Hi

Can anybody tell me from their personal experiences how long it will take from the day I receive my last ATPL exam result to the day I can start writing to the airlines for work?

I am looking to finish the written's by July. Can I safely assume that I’ll be applying before the years out based on passing all the tests first time? Does the CAA take as long with the paperwork as they do for the PPL???

MCC. Is it worth doing it independently? Or would an airline provide as part of the TR??

Cheers all

MikeJeff
4th Mar 2004, 23:54
What's a liscence in Hand job??? sounds like my kind of course!!

tom24
5th Mar 2004, 00:12
OK clever Dick (though i did chuckle myself!!)

ATPL-CPL-IR-Licence in hand-job-MCC-job applications
Is what it originally said in the title! I have edited.

5th Mar 2004, 03:48
Personally I wouldn't apply until I've got the blue book - there's always a possibilty that you are in the right place at the right time, when you haven't even passed the CPL or IR....

MCC - I'd do independently. It's another string to your bow and 99 % of newly qualified CPL's go and get one.

Finally - it's a Frozen ATPL. Last year some twentysomething called our airline and got through to me - adamant he had an ATPL (despite only having 200 hrs) - I corrected him and duly told him to sod off..........

If you don't even know what licence you have, there's no hope!

tom24
5th Mar 2004, 16:30
OK Mr pedantic! Seriously cheers anyway.

I’ll add another few grand to my budget in that case.

Manflex55
5th Mar 2004, 19:05
Re: the MCC, don't do it if you intend to apply to the ATP Scheme. Should you be successful, you will do the MCC as part of their AQC. If you do an MCC first and then pass the 3 phases of the Scheme, you would end up paying for 2 MCCs... not a good way to save money!

MF