PDA

View Full Version : How van I work as European Citizen in the USA as Flight Instructor?

ECHIE
4th Mar 2004, 21:38
I am a dutch JAA Flight Instructor and I would like to start working in the USA. Who knows if this is possible and how to do the paper work? I phoned to the ambassy and they told me to get a H1 visum. The problem is that I can not get this because the company doesn´t want to pay me 80.000 dolars a year and that is an requierment to get that visum. Who knows another way or could help me with this?

Thanks!!!

Theo
Email: [email protected]

weasil
7th Mar 2004, 20:46
one option is to enroll at a University with an F1 visa and then you can work as a flight instructor part time. Depends on the school and which agreements they have.

noflow
25th Mar 2004, 04:46
Maybe someone here can help
www.flyingvikings.com

I know they have several foreign instructors

Cfretland
26th Mar 2004, 18:48
Hello there.

I am a Norwegian national and I managed to get an H3 visa. This will require a sponsor though. You will need to get an immigration lawyer and fork up around $2000-4000. The application process takes about 6-12 months and will give you work authorisation for two years IF approved.

Good luck
C

weasil
28th Mar 2004, 05:43
Is this Christian Fretland? Don't suppose you remember me, little Australian guy you met in California.

Cfretland
29th Mar 2004, 21:45
Yepp the one and only!!!

Hmmm....How are you?? Did we stay in the same "crashpad" in San Fransisco during training?

I'm still in the states by the way, in training at the moment on the EMB-145.
What are you up to??

Christian.