PDA

View Full Version : Sudan Oil Support

Gabra1
4th Mar 2004, 20:52
Does anyone here know what is happening with the Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing contracts for oil companies in Sudan? Several tenders have gone out but no news of any awards. Any inside info, anyone?

Autorotate
5th Mar 2004, 15:10
Malaysian Helicopter Service had a Puma there for the past year on a contract and it was supposed to be renewed sometime this year. Not sure what else is there.

Autorotate.

fireitup
6th Mar 2004, 11:49
Most of the helo contracts are operated by Helilift, a sudanese company operating MI-8's with russian crews.

A F-25 flies everyday to heglig from HSSS, transporting crew for the chinese rigs, don't know if this is a contract awarded to them or is a normal schedule? The Malaysians had a 1900D here last year as well as a DHC-6 and the puma. All the aircraft left late in '03 but the puma in now standing back in a hangar, waiting to go online????

:ok:

Gabra1
7th Mar 2004, 21:55
Hi fireitup,

Do you know why the Malaysians left at the end of last year?

I heard rumours that some of the F50 pilots walked out because they were not getting what they had been promised. Any truth in this?

overtorqued
7th Apr 2004, 17:46
Words out, Looks like CHCA ( Africa) has been awarded a 12mos contract with Petronas to supply one of each B-212, AS-332, B-206 for onshore support of five platforms. Looks like I might be 'nominated' to go and from what I've read, it ranks right up there with dysentry and root canals!:yuk: Looks like Malabo might not have been so bad!
Anyone with any operational experience is welcome to post their experiences , recommendations etc.

fireitup
11th Apr 2004, 10:59
Petronas khartoum are a bit of a headache but everyone on the rigs are very pleasant to work with...take plenty of entertainment and enjoy Fred's pancakes.
All rigs alcohol-free areas!

:ok:

Gabra1
13th Apr 2004, 08:29
I may be wrong but I heard that KingAir Services got the Petronas White Nile job, not CHC Africa.

overtorqued
13th Apr 2004, 13:07
Might of been a little premature there, it looks like CHCA is supplying ONE 212 to the petronas operation, long term contract, not sure of the exact base location there, but starting to look for SPF 5000 sunscreen....:ok:
Again, anyone with ops experience there is welcome to comment , pm whatever....thanks!

Gabra1
14th Apr 2004, 07:48
Overtorqued: Check your PM :D