View Full Version : QR A330 Capt/ContractAir Conditions

BRUCE777
4th Mar 2004, 15:27
The contract Company cant answer any of these queries and the Airline is not helping much either.
Can some one answer these?

1 you can and do get rostered for 10 straight flying days,
2 There are NO bids, NO requests and NO swaps.
What do you do for family wedding,wifes birthday,visiting friends,childs school concert, life's important dates???
you can be assigned up to 5 of your MAX 8 "days off" a month, out of base at your layover ports
4 No pay (FLT or Duty ) for positioning flts
5 for long range ops its 11:00 hrs flt duty BEFORE augmented crew is added, and after that its up to 14:00hrs just by putting a 250hr "F/O" in the jump, and he has to sit there the whole flt???
6 your "day off" is from midnight to midnight and does not include the norm of a "local night" before.
7 3 330 Capt have resigned (2 had to do the runner) since the so called "improved" package announced?

Just the facts thanks

Rosbif
5th Mar 2004, 20:40
Only hear nice things about C. ??
You had better stop smoking that stuff, or you won't pass the medical.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Happy now ??

Rollo
6th Mar 2004, 19:48
Hey Rosbif Cool it man!!!!. So you don`t like Mrs C, so what !! sures she`s bothered, what she do to you,she runs a good company and a tight ship and is renowned for looking after her pilots....... I think your reference to her family is insulting and resentful. Methinks this lady has kicked you up the arse at some time or even still exposed you for being the wally that you appear to be. bet you wouldn`t have the b....s to confront her face to face with your thoughts. Easy to write on a thread isnt it ? Well I have worked for them in the past and have no hesitation in doing so again, and hell man if she wasn`t married I would marry her. Sure Mr AAB would too.

:* :* :mad: :mad:

Rosbif
6th Mar 2004, 21:30
I'd be more than happy to talk to her or you face to face.
What she did to me is completely wrong.
Your shameless advertising of her company on this forum is also wrong. I haven't said anything about her family. All I said was that her husband works at a company (you probably know which one) where fo's pay to go to work (by the hour).
No doubt a similar scheme would be initiated at QR if they thought they could get away with it.
To go back to the initial issue on this thread, it was that the pay and conditions for this contract are some kind of secret, only available to those selected by Mrs C.
Why is this?
Might it be that they don't want the details to be in the hands of those ALREADY THERE.
If you want to upset all of the FO's, just parachute less experienced people into command positions.
If you want to upset all of the captains, just send a bunch more over there with much better pay and conditions.
This faisco will cause lots of people to leave. Can you not see the conflict of interest that exists. Not just in this case, but in any airline's case.
Have a nice day !

Rosbif
7th Mar 2004, 03:08
Well well, Rollo.
First you post an answer to Bruce's Question, get a rise from me, then pulled your response to make it look as if I attacked someone without being provoked. (and puts my reply out of context.)
I can't PM you, because I'm on your ignore list.
Pretty slippery fellow aren't you !
As for annonymity, it would be very easy to call the parties in question and ask them what they have done to make me so mad. I'm sure they know who I am. - but I don't know who you are. -still it's "easy to write on a thread isn't it"
Unfortunately, if they do know who I am, that also proves that they behaved badly towards me. -- Be careful though, because when you ask them questions that they don't want to answer, they might get all the more vindictive. - They might even do to you what they did to me !
If you're so buddy buddy with them, get them to answer Bruce's question.

ia1166
7th Mar 2004, 12:46
If you really want to upset your captains, you'd get new ones in on better pay and accomodation, give them full conversion courses to the 330/340, put them on the long haul routes, pay them heaps of overtime, and leave your current crews slogging it out on the short haul routes in ancient 320s, in 3 star hotels or worse, with minimum rest on all but a few trips.

Rollo
7th Mar 2004, 12:46
Hey Rosbif!!!

How come you are such an expert on Qatar, you have never worked there so its seems, as it happens I do know who you are, an A300-600 Driver eh??? perhaps you should look at yourself first before poking at others. Not sure who the other company is you are talking about nor do I care, if people pay for this type of thing it is up to them, maybe they will end up with a job instead of sitting on PPRUNE all day having a go at others.
Get a life :eek: :hmm:
------------------------------------------
Rollo - Rosbif may be angry but its pros reading this thread. Most read what you deleted and most have noted not a single rebuttal of the points raised in the opening post. You are also intentionally (???) doing whatever you possibly can to deflect attention from the questions raised. Why would that be?

Now just who is wasting our time and bandwidth here ?? Rob

Yanni
7th Mar 2004, 16:24
SWaps are back allowed....

All the rest is absolutely true!!!!

Contract pilots......The QR crew is not too happy as usual....What do you want, you guys get paid 30% more then us!

We are stuck on the fleets and you guys get the premium AC and routes....

Etc

Etc

Etc

Rollo
7th Mar 2004, 22:42
Actually I did answer Bruce 777s initial request which is what the Agencies terms and conditions are, the rest I dont know about, but where is my response to that mail??? I posted it two days ago before Rosbif started s.......g off the Agency that I have had prior dealings with and intend to work with again. Where did my response to Burce`s post go I ask::hmm:

Sorry Bruce spelled incorrectly and who is Rob??:suspect:

Yanni
8th Mar 2004, 12:25
The answer is:

1 year contract ( forget about renewals)

Captain:

6900USD
400 usd transportation allowance
4 star hotel accomodation or equivalent appartment

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rollo
8th Mar 2004, 14:29
No renewals Yanni ??? who said:suspect:

And actually Yanni you havent told quite the story there is a lot more to it isn`t there. I am sure the Management with QR would be very happy if you quit and went onto a contract with Contractair..... Look at all the additions you get, I am presuming of course that you are a QR pilot, If not this thread is a bit pointless and we are all only guessing etc :confused:

Qatari515
9th Mar 2004, 14:53
Rollo,

chill out man....

Yanni is right about the conditions.

Concerning the renewals.....The company is getting contract pilots in to create some sort of a fleet stability. Currently they only find pilots on the 300 fleet, No more FBW pilots available.

THey are looking for 14 crews on each fleet for a period of one year. THis gives them the possibility to tranfer more pilots from 320 to 330, which is currently impossible.

Remember that to transfer a 320 pilot you need 1 week vs a full course in TLS for a 300 pilot. Above that they want pilots with FBW experience to fly the " astronaut" fleet and the ultimate dream of mngmnt is that 300 pilots will gain FBW experience on the 320 and then they transfer on to 330.

They are hoping on covering this gap with contract pilots thus the one year...

Sure, if they are satisfactory they might be offered a position at QR but according the normal payscale and at the bottom of the SL again.

The other thing you said about resigning and joining via contractair.....FORGET IT!

The screening is done in house and anybody who has flown for QR, was refused or did fail will be rejected. This is the aim.

So I do not think your little scam would work mate!

Contractair advertised DEC 3000TT and 500PIC......well, QR is refusing any DEC below 5000TT.....

Because of all this they are not finding the 14 X 3 crews at all.....

Rollo, if you know more please tell us.....Better to blow of some steam I would think in your case....

;)

Rollo
9th Mar 2004, 23:27
Thank you for your decent response. You have asked me to clarify a few things. I spoke to Mrs C of the agency involved and it appears that an initial printing error was made concerning the hours, thus the re-run. Nobody is undermining the Qatar pilots, I would have thought that intelligent people as yourselves have realised that with the contract pilots coming in then they are filling a void so that Qatar Airways can upgrade and train its own pilots onto the A330 and any other training planned. Simple as that. Maybe a few of us will like it there and if our faces fit maybe we will be invited to stay who knows...... I am actually a little bit disappointed with the reaction and the sarcasm of late. Basically I have done my training I have done my hours,, I know I will be there to fill the gaps, so why the hostility and why the hostility to Contractair. Believe me I have worked with some Agencies, and I have to stay fiercely loyal to this one. One guy doesn`t like her so what. He is one there are many who do. You can say what you like but a bit of encouragement to the Agency concerned and the pilots entering would be grateful. After all we know why we are there we were not born yesterday. I dont think there is too much more I can tell you but please ask am happy to answer . :)