PDA

View Full Version : resume

cumulusse
4th Mar 2004, 08:51
dear all

coul anyone help me to get few models of resume or a typical one....is there any?

cumu

dreamingA380
4th Mar 2004, 20:37
Hi,
There is literally tons of free info out there. For general info just google on curriculum vitae. If you want airline specific stuff then try Balpa.

My CV is structured like this....

Name
Address
Contact details
DOB, nationality and status.
Career profile
Tech Quals
Employment
Education
Interest and activities
Additional Info
Date of last update.

Make sure its no more than one page!! And good luck

Artificial Horizon
4th Mar 2004, 21:14
Try this link to a web page at Oxford Aviation, it is quite a good guide to creating aviation c.v's.

www.oxfordaviation.net/career/cv.htm

cheers,

A.H. :)

scroggs
6th Mar 2004, 15:36
It's a shame the search function is currently disabled (it will be back when we've moved servers in the not too distant future), as this topic has been covered in depth here on Pprune. If you have time, trawl back through the topic headers on this forum a few months and you'll find plenty.

Scroggs

redsnail
6th Mar 2004, 18:29
Ask yourself, what does the employer want to see first?
"Does he/she have an ATPL?, Can they fly into France? How many hours and on what?" If they like that then they want to know who you've worked for and how to contact you.

I put in this order.

Name
Quals (aviation)
Types/Endorsements
Employment history
Phone & address
Email
Education
Nationality
Interests (one line only)

RowleyUK
6th Mar 2004, 20:18
Career Summary
Various part time jobs to pay towards flying training and ballooning
1994 - 1997 Bar staff at Manchester University
1992 - 1994 General helper at Biggin Hill Flying Club and Hot Air Balloon Club - gained a PPL (B)
1987 - 1992 Paper round and Saturday morning shop assistant

Dont quite see how that career summary would be relevant on an aviation CV!!:confused:

Paper Round????...PAPER ROUND???? A job? .......What the hell?

:E :ok: :E

herta
6th Mar 2004, 20:33
that s an interessant topic you raise here RowleyUK !

As a matter of fact, I am wondering what is the importance of non aviation professional experience of a low houred pilot.

In fact, would a chief pilot pick Mr. X rather than Mr. Y, as they both have less than 300 hours flight time, but X has an MBA in finance with 2 or 3 years of professional experience on financial markets (....), and Y does not hold a college degree and a "Paper round and Saturday morning shop assistant " experience ?

RowleyUK
6th Mar 2004, 21:13
Yeah im not sure about that one herta......but what i would say,from my experience, is that if Mr x's CV arrived via a friend and not in the post, then he would more likely be preferred!!......Know what i mean.....eh.......Job's for the boys an all!!!!

I've just been playing around with this kind of thing myself.......You can get a half decent CV if you manipulate the Oxford example by cutting and pasting a bit.......but it just doesnt seem to look right.......

I remember a while ago i subscribed to the 02First Officer program and i got a pretty basic booklet but it had a good CV inside......just thye one page but it seemed to look better than most...

I've also seen a good example in the Clive Hughes' 'Guide to becoming a commercial pilot'....

But again what do I know????

I'm in the same boat as you trying to get a half decent looking CV myself!!!:ok:

Rowley:ok: