PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair to Charleroi

G-KEST
4th Mar 2004, 01:17
Hello there,
Another trip with that infamous low cost carrier R***air. It was great and at a fantastically low price booked some three months before. Departure on time from Stansted at 0730Z on 19 February and after a 45 minute trip a smoothish arrival at Charleroi with fast processing there - was in my transport by 0935 local time. return on 22 February was fine but I had cut it a little short in getting from hasselt to Charleroi. The Range Rover I travelled in was doing about the same speed as the 737. It was to get me to the airport in time to have a 35 minute predeparture time check in for the 1820 local flight back to Stansted. No problems but the flight was 99% full and managed to depart 15 minutes earlier than scheduled so my time after check in was minimal. Had a Spanish lass giving out the safety brief with a tinge of an Irish accent and she rattled it out so fast it was quite unintelligable. mind you it was an EI registered 737-200 so the UK CAA Flight Ops guys would not have had jurisdiction anyway. Even on a trip with Tarom in an IL62 back in the early 1980's to Constanza had the Romanian "stakhanovite" cabin female speaking slow accented but understandable English to her load of Brits on a Cosmos package holiday.
Nice arrival back at Stansted around 15 minutes early at 1750Z. The longest element of the trip was getting my car out of the clutches of BCP at Bishops Stortford Football Club carpark - Ah well.......!!
I just love low cost carriers.
Trapper 69

Boss Raptor
4th Mar 2004, 03:08
The (ICAO SAFA) CAA Flight Ops. Quality Assurance guys would have had jurisdiction...looking at the taxi speeds FR do at STN you wonder if they get thru a lot of break units...Yugoslav crews are they still there? covered under numerous previous Pprune threads

Personally I hate LCC's :hmm:

BRUpax
4th Mar 2004, 06:30
Boss Raptor , I like you don't particularly like many of the LCCs here in Europe. However, not all are bad. I recently had to fly on GermanWings and I was quite impressed. I have no problem flying Southwest or JetBlue in the US. But for sure, in their present form, I will always avoid Ryanair like the plague.

Boss Raptor
4th Mar 2004, 15:35
There is a definition problem here the LCC or the Lower Cost Lower Frills carrier - not the same...

For example I fly a lot on Air Europa who are not an LCC but are a Lower Cost Lower Frills Carrier, many economy cabins of the majors are now in effect Lower Cost Lower Frills

takes some time to get your head round but the differences are marked in service and in attitude towards the pax.. I cannot say what GermanWings are as I have never been on them but I suspect they are the latter and not a true LCC.

GwynM
4th Mar 2004, 21:51
takes some time to get your head round but the differences are marked in service and in attitude towards the pax

so this is why the Easyjet cabin crew have genuine smiles and actually look like they enjoy their jobs?:)