PDA

View Full Version : Airline hires in USA

M.85
3rd Mar 2004, 21:59
HI Chaps

Very good friend of mine (ex TWA\AA)just got offered a First Officer position with SKYWEST on their Dornier 328 Jet.
You may want to have a look if they still hire..
Hell be based in Milwaukhee.

All the best guys,

Regards,

M.85

typhoonpilot
4th Mar 2004, 10:12
Actually that would be Skyway Airlines, a Midwest Connection carrier based in Milwaukee. Skywest only operates the CRJ700, CRJ200, and EMB-120.

Many of the U.S. regional airlines continue to hire as the majors and larger national carriers continue to outsource their flying.

Typhoonpilot

M.85
7th Mar 2004, 03:11
SKYWAY Airlines,(Midwest Express\Connect),thats correct.However he said they selected him on the Dornier 328 jet..
The other A\C type operated is Be1900Ds.
M.85

weasil
7th Mar 2004, 20:41
Very good friend of mine (ex TWA\AA)just got offered a First Officer position with SKYWEST

Skywest are not hiring at the moment.

Lots of other regionals are though including American Eagle, Express Jet (CoEx), Chataqua, Chicago Express just to name a few.

West Coast
10th Mar 2004, 02:11
Incorrect

SkyWest is hiring in a huge way. They are growing on both the UA side and recently with the addition of 7 more aircraft ordered for the DAL side. The CO program remains about status quo.

M.85
12th Mar 2004, 21:51
yep they are hiring...at least they did not a long time ago EVENTHOUGH their website doesnt advertise any pilot jobs..you may have referred to that mr weasil..

M.85

West Coast
13th Mar 2004, 03:17
SkyWest is almost exclusively hiring from from resumes carried in by current employees. Knowing some one on the inside is the way to go.

Techman
13th Mar 2004, 10:26
I got offered an engineer position at Skywest not long ago.
How they ever got a hold of my details is still a mystery.

FWA NATCA
14th Mar 2004, 09:37
I heard that Shuttle America (SF-34s) picked up a contract with United flying some routes out east. Their maintenance base is at FWA.

Mike

weasil
20th Mar 2004, 11:49
I was just going on info from some friends who work there. They also told me that the best way to get an interview is to have 3 written references from current employees.

propdog
30th Mar 2004, 14:05
Hmmm...I just got an interview invitaton from Skywest. My resume was walked in by a Captain....no other references.