PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Island

RampTech
3rd Mar 2004, 13:15
hey folks..

what can yall tell me about Hamilton Island.

Lifestyle / operations and operator.. etc.etc..

I have an interview next week for the Airport Managers Role..

:O

Ramptech

bboy
3rd Mar 2004, 17:39
Hi Rampie,

I have lived on Hamo a couple of times.

The lifestyle is OK. Unfortunatley in recent years accom, meals and transport to the mainland costs have increased markedly.(RIP Barefoot Bar!)

I had an absolute ball there quite a few years back, living in Donga City, paying $20 a week for accom.

Nowdays a lot of staff commute, which is not a bad idea as the mainland living costs are a lot less. Accom is now quite expensive and the newer places are like prison cells (not that I've been there..prison that is).But add an hour each way to your working day for commuting.

If the company are supplying accom and meals as part of the job good one. If not expect pricey living costs. Also,unless you are a mountain goat make sure they throw in a buggy too!

Apart from one now departed Apron Nazi, all the airport staff whom I have had contact with are pleasant and helpful.

Beautiful spot.

deeper
3rd Mar 2004, 19:53
ramp tech,

i think the nazi works at our airport now.

bb is right , hammo is great to work but live on the mainland.

great adventure.

i'll be up in a couple of weeks i'll buy you a beer. or 6.

RampTech
4th Mar 2004, 06:07
thanks guys..

sounds great.. not going to count my chickens yet though.. but if i make it up there.. i think there will be a few more than 6 beers consumed.... :ok:

Ramptech

High Altitude
4th Mar 2004, 06:29
I'm jealous... What a spot...

Good luck with the job...

I'll have a beer with you in July if you get it...

Pass-A-Frozo
6th Mar 2004, 11:10
Apron Nazi

hahha... "No parking for you... TWO WEEKS"..

So how did he earn this illustrious title??

Captain Stoobing
8th Mar 2004, 06:13
Was on a turn around last week at YBHM and was told that the current operator will be shafted on all the J* flights as J* are bringing in their own LOWER LOWER cost turn around people. My heart goes out to the current staff there, a lot of which came from Ansett to go to AGH Services and are now going to be without a job as of May 25 when J* start.
Correct me if I am wrong, I may have mis heard the information.

Stuff like this makes me want to get out of aviation.

How much money is enough??????

Capt Stoobing

vee tail
9th Mar 2004, 15:49
Living on the main land is much better.

But be prepared to be a YES man to HIE ( Hamilton Island Enterprises )

Lived there my self and flying had a good time but lived on the Island and it was too incestuous for me.

HA no good for you mostly married women but there daddies have a lot of money so that may interest you.
:cool: :cool: :cool: