PDA

View Full Version : InterIsland Airways

spm
3rd Mar 2004, 09:52
I'm looking for info on InterIsland Airways out of the Turks and Caicos.

Just wondering if anyone has any info on pay, vacation, work schedule, travel priveleges, living conditions.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Luke SkyToddler
3rd Mar 2004, 16:27
A mate of mine was working for them for a while, he found it so bad he quit after a few months and went back to unemployment in a first world country. Main reasons being the highly illicit maintenance practices, constant pressure to under-record flight times and fly overweight, and general anti-white-man racism, sh!t treatment and abuse from the boss.

bluesafrica
4th Mar 2004, 04:43
How to get a job with them?
Blues:ok:

spm
4th Mar 2004, 06:22
How long ago did your friend work for them?? If it wasn't recent can any people working there now or within the past year describe their experience. I heard they operate a dash-8 now and are getting another. Also heard there maintenance used to be shady but has improved after hiring new mechanics. Is this true? Again any information appreciated.

spm

crack up
5th Mar 2004, 00:58
Hiring new mechanics won't normally change illicit maintainence practices.

NTM
5th Mar 2004, 01:53
I went there in 1996. I left after one month.
It sucked really bad back then. I don't know now.
While I was training, they fired a female pilot that wouldn't fly because the WX sucked, they told her that they don't need anybody that didn't know how to fly in stormy weather.
But flying a Seneca in stormy WX over water to Florida with a joke of a radar is suicide. (In my humble opinion)
But Luke got it right. I experienced the same issues.(Except for the racism he mentions), I agree with the whole comment.
As far as getting a job with them, you I suggest you buy a ticket to PLS and find out for yourself.

Good Luck.

aceinspace
2nd Apr 2004, 08:30
The company could be really good as they have a great bunch of guys working there the ONLY problem is the owner he has some sort of mental disorder.