PDA

View Full Version : Skase To Return To Australia??

lame
6th Aug 2001, 02:03
Rumours on the news this morning that Christopher Skase has passed away from Cancer.

He recently let it be known, that after all the trouble he had gone to to AVOID coming back to Australia, he wished to be buried here.

I do not really care either way, but I truly think he should stay in his beloved Spain now, what do others think??????

Lurk R
6th Aug 2001, 03:48
LAME - on the radio this morning they asked this question and it appeared he had no wish to be buried in Oz...

Luca_brasi
6th Aug 2001, 04:17
From what i heard on the reports, Skase is to be cremated in Spain. No idea about what is going to happen after that.

lame
6th Aug 2001, 07:37
No worries..........

Just several weeks ago, when he really became ill, it was "reported" that he desired to be buried back in Australia.

Foyl
6th Aug 2001, 15:00
How ironic, he kicked the bucket on Aussie Bank Holiday. :rolleyes:

Luca_brasi
6th Aug 2001, 15:24
Sorry, my last post was incorrect. Further reports state that it was his dying wish to be buried in Australia, not to be cremated. Sorry. Wonder if Pixie will grace us with her presence in Australia again for the funeral. :rolleyes:

Feeton Terrafirma
6th Aug 2001, 15:46
Latest I heard is Pixie stating that no one in the family will ever go near Australia, ever!

They must be sh|t scared that they will be held liabile for the funds Skase stole.

Velvet
6th Aug 2001, 15:56
Don't know this Skase, but sounds like a similar case to Ronald Biggs - only difference we got him back before he died.

Perhaps you could ask the Sun to fly his ashes back on a private jet - be a nice little urn(er) for them :D

BlueDiamond
6th Aug 2001, 17:54
Here lies a man named Christopher Skase,
His coffers were full, his actions were base,
His plea of ill health we considered a trick,
Hence this inscription, "I SAID I was sick."
:D

Mr Creosote
7th Aug 2001, 07:09
He's just taking a year off dead for tax reasons!!

(Apologies to Douglas Adams). :D :D

I'm not normally one who subscribes to conspiracy theories, but I have the impression, like most of Australians, that Mr Skase has been paying off Majorcan officials for years in order to avoid extradition back to Australia.
What's to stop him from paying those same officials and a doctor (his doc is a personal friend after all) to witness his demise, and scarper to South America. A body is to be cremated in a day or so, and that would conveniently end Australia's effort to track and extradite him.

lame
7th Aug 2001, 10:26
Yes, and they have said that no Australian official is even going to see the body, they are going to take the word of the Spanish officials that he is even dead???????

:eek:

Velvet
7th Aug 2001, 13:15
Apparently, your scepticism is shared by the Australian media. A cartoon was shown there with two rather mean looking Oz business men standing by a grave with a headstone that read 'RIP C Skase. The caption was 'He's faked it'.

Could a cynic perhaps suggest cremation would be a rather easy option if you wanted to avoid identification of the corpse. If it is true he died of stomach cancer after fighting it for some time, then he didn't entirely escape scot free. Wonder if he would have exchanged it all for a healthy body.

Radio 4 also encapsulated the reasons why he became not only the most wanted man in Australia, but the most hated.

criticalmass
7th Aug 2001, 13:54
The man might be gone but the hunt for the money goes on.

I see a parallel with old Nazis and looted art treasures. The results are likely to be about the same.

Buster Hyman
7th Aug 2001, 16:33
It'd be ironic if he contracted the cancer from his favourite steam mask!!!

chips_with_everything
7th Aug 2001, 16:40
Always thought the Skase chase to be a very sad example of the Aussie obsession with blaming. And of the media's obsession with creating news. And of the Pollies obsession with buying into a cause if there is political mileage regardless of real merit.

Better things to spend energy on every day.

Of course he did wrong. But it was only money. Compared to a drunk driver killing a child I'd have a Skase in my community any day.

swashplate
7th Aug 2001, 16:59
For those of you who ALSO don't know what they're on about :rolleyes:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/010806/80/c0jng.html

Sounds like another Maxwell to me....

Does anyone trust high profile tycoons anymore....??