PDA

View Full Version : Well done

No comment
3rd Mar 2004, 04:58
To the Italian P180 pilot who suffered the burst tyre today at LGW, managed to (just) keep the beast on the tarmac and avoid any serious damage. Nice work

Super Ted
5th Mar 2004, 01:48
Thanks for the compliment.

For anyone that was wanting to depart or land at LGW Tuesday morning "Sorry for the delay"!

The aircraft is italian reg but operated by an English crew. The burst tyre was a bit of suprise for us and spoiled the rest of the day! The passengers thought it was all good fun! For some reason there connecting flight was delayed because of something blocking the runway! Oops!

If anyone saw what happend any input would be much appreciated as it is a bit of mystery why it happened?

Thanks to the fire service which responded so quickly and dealt with the whole ordeal very well.

Happy Landings!

DROGNA
5th Mar 2004, 16:18
Well done Super Ted! It's good to know we're in safe hands!!
:ok:

M.85
7th Mar 2004, 03:37
Surprised how Pprune makes the aviation world so #small#..
Well done Super Ted!!

M.85

JoeCo
10th Mar 2004, 14:23
You should change your handle to Super Tread!! ;-) Well done!! What else can you tell us about the whole ordeal. Where you able to keep the ship realitively straight with just rudder or did you have to use some tricks of the trade? Any other damage to the aircraft aside from the obvious wheel and landing gear assembly? (I'm thinking prop damage) Regardless, you walked away so I guess it can't be all the bad.

Super Ted
11th Mar 2004, 00:04
No tricks of the trade used! It all happend very quickly! luckily the steering wasnt engaged as it can be a bit twitchy! There was a large flat spot on the tyre and an 8 inch Hole! The most damage was caused by dragging the aircraft off the runway as the wheel rim decided to full apart! Oh well we've done a few landings since and no probs, fingers X!

We flew back into Gatwick the next week and i think the Controllers were a bit nervous of us coming back!

JoeCo
12th Mar 2004, 17:27
Thanks for the reply. Happy Landings!!

pseudorandomnoise
12th Mar 2004, 22:03
Well done indeed.

What is a P180?

Kentish Lad
12th Mar 2004, 23:12
pseudorandomnoise,

What is a P180?
One of these (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/519871/M/)