PDA

View Full Version : type rating required

skyman68
3rd Mar 2004, 03:34
I have applied in 60 companies(by e mail only).
the 4-5 companies who have already sent me a reply told me: sorry no job for now, or we hire only pilots with XXX type rating.

so what does it mean? do I have to do an hold up in a bank to get the money for a type?

my experience is 2000h, US ATP, JAR license, FAA flight instructor.

what do you think?

eagerbeaver
3rd Mar 2004, 03:53
Something like a browning 12 bore over and under is pretty scary...only joking.

Yes that means you need the type on your licence, no exceptions. Apply to a company that offers the rating through an approved training provider ala easyjet and ryanair.

what do u think it means?

MJR
3rd Mar 2004, 17:37
Only 60?, Thats nowhere near enough I'm already double that.

Seriously though I wouldnt bother doing a TR unless there was a guarantee of a job at the end of it. If the aviation market continues to improve at its present rate you may not even have to bother especially with 2000 hours.

cheers

MJR

Luke SkyToddler
3rd Mar 2004, 18:44
Well you could always try applying to one of the dozens of companies who still don't require type ratings ... flybe, logan, eastern, in fact just about every turboprop operator I can think of except maybe Air Wales and that shed-360 freight outfit whose name I can't remember right now.

If all that 2000 hours is instructing and particularly if a lot of it's been flown in the USA then it's not going to exactly blow anyone's hair back in a big-jet airline recruiting office I'm afraid ... especially if there's not any substantial multi engine time. Best to set your sights a little lower perhaps, have you tried any multi-piston operators?

Manflex55
3rd Mar 2004, 20:49
... or any airline still having 2nd Officers onboard such as CX? Your experience seems to meet their basic requirements.
Have you also given a go to the ATP Scheme?

MF

skyman68
7th Mar 2004, 04:43
well, I have 2000h tt, 300 single engine turbine, 400 multi, 200h hours in europe...
I do not know very well the market in europe.
I have sent now 100(or 120) resumes and I am still looking for new e mail adress or company names.