PDA

View Full Version : Buying Model Planes on-board

Tonic Please
2nd Mar 2004, 15:55
There apparently is an airline (unknown), that you can buy a model of their aircraft (again - unknown) but you cannot buy it anywhere else. For example: In a shop.

It is only purchaseable on-board.

If anyone has any knowledge of my question, then I would be thankful if you could let me know!

Smooth skies,
Dan

Jinkster
2nd Mar 2004, 17:54
I flew Virgin Atlantic from LHR to LAX last year and they were selling a model of the Concorde in Virgin Atlantic livery. I would imagine they dont sell this in the shops!

Jinkster

Frankfurt_Cowboy
2nd Mar 2004, 19:30
Did you buy one? Be worth a few quid that soon.

Pax Agent
2nd Mar 2004, 20:06
I actually run the Southern England branch of "The Airline Shop". We stock many types of model INCLUDING Virgin Atlantic Concorde's in 1:100 scale. We also have many models which are normally only available on board i.e. Jet 2 plastic push fit models plus many more!
The Virgin Atlantic Concorde's are limited in number and were on offer recently so if you are interested then PM me.

Steven Warner

Tonic Please
3rd Mar 2004, 15:47
I presume its plastic being that small. Can you get the concorde in Virgin livery in metal ? Gemini jets???

Dan

Pax Agent
3rd Mar 2004, 17:18
No, its actually a very big scale - 1:100 is the second biggest generally available (The biggest being 1:50) and they are not plastic. They are hand painted and are solid wood!

Pom Pax
4th Mar 2004, 11:19
Thai sell little die cast models on board. Mine says made in Germany, I should imagine these are a fairly common toy just painted in the airlines colours as required, no rego just colour and logo. C of G not very good tips on its tail at the slightest disturbance, but then it is a scarebus.