PDA

View Full Version : Canuck question for Kiwi's

Hollywood North
2nd Mar 2004, 08:50
This is my first post on PPRuNe. I'm a 3500 hour Canadian ATP curently on 1900D's. My wife and are dual citizens with a good portion of our families down under. My question is realistically what are my chances of creating a life for myself in NZ as a pilot?

Any comments or advise woul be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely HN

AerocatS2A
2nd Mar 2004, 11:11
You would probably have no problem qualifying for Air New Zealand. Your chances would be much the same anyone else I guess.

Flying a 737 in and out of Queenstown would be a lot of fun I reckon.

Sqwark2000
2nd Mar 2004, 11:14
HN,

Could be a good time to get in contact with Eagle Air in NZ (B1900D's x 16) . They are apparantly having another round of interviews shortly ( i.e. within a couple of weeks).

First step would be to register with Eagle on-line via www.pilot.staffcv.com , your first airline is free, then USD$20 for unlimited applications.

Another option is to call them direct, ++ 64-7-857-1000, and ask them what's up, but they will probably tell you that you will have to formally apply via Pilot.Staffcv.com

Cheers

S2K

nzer
3rd Mar 2004, 08:01
So long as you can get residency, and being from a Commonwealth country that shouldn't be much of an issue, chances of a job are pretty good right now I should think. Good Luck

Arbey8
3rd Mar 2004, 08:05
Whats the chances of dunnunda people getting work in canada? If good which companies?
:E