PDA

View Full Version : from u.s.a to china

alousinfinity
2nd Mar 2004, 06:40
HELLO GUYS,

I AM CURRENTLY FLYING CRJ/CA AT NORTHWEST AIRLINK, AND I WANT TO GET MY SELF IN TO THE CHINA MARKET. I AM SPANISH, AND PERMANENT U.S RESIDENT, IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO W. IT.

ANY ADVISE FROM YOU GUYS THAT SOUND TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

I ALWAYS LIKE CATHAY PACIFIC, AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME INFO ABOUT IT TOO.

THANKS VERY MUCH.

:confused:

Kaptin M
2nd Mar 2004, 06:46
Why don't YOU try contacting Cathay - that would seem the most logical step.........wouldn't it?
There are no tricks, no secrets - ask CX for their application forms, and Hey Presto!

Jim Morehead
2nd Mar 2004, 07:40
Well China is a big place <bfg>!

China Airlines is hiring and they need F/Os.
www.china-airlines.com

If you speak spanish, there are some spanish speaking guys there. Also the Brazilians can keep you company. Their soccer team may be better though. But they are a good bunch of guys.

You'll need to come with a type rating on airplanes that they fly unless the Labor Council changes the rules and reverts back to the way it was.

I found it interesting that one 747-400 F/O may have quit CAL because her boyfriend passed all of the tests and interview and just missed the deadline as I understand it and they wouldn't give him a 747-400 type rating even if he agreed to the bond.

HotDog
2nd Mar 2004, 13:18
A slight correction there Jim, CAL China Airlines is a Taiwanese company and operates out of Taiwan which is not a very big place as such.