PDA

View Full Version : Buy a beer for AIPA.

SHRAGS
1st Mar 2004, 18:42
It's interesting that some people can sit at home and write a few threads on Qrewroom and Prune about AIPA and everyone thinks they are wonderful. 'Lets but them a beer' for their 5 minutes of stirring.

Then, after they actually get briefed on what the FACTS are, they become very quiet. Never was there a plan of what to do with all the angry pilots at a convened SGM. 'Lets get industrial, lets do it smart' were the crys from the cheap seats. Then when they find out what that entails....oh, thats why you took that deal.

How about the smallest bit of faith in the COM with a new president working his ass off and another 39 guys who are trying to get the best deal for it's members. Do you all think that AIPA is that stupid? You voted for them, give them a go. We all talk about unity, and yet you are happy to hang s@#t on them first, and get the facts later.

Start with the tiny amount of support for AIPA, and then get fired up WITH them and see what happens.

I expect to see those vocal individuals on an AIPA ballot when it next comes up. Back up your big mouths by volunteering you time and effort for no pay or thanks. I haven't done it but at least I respect those who have.

:confused:

proplever
2nd Mar 2004, 02:39
Reasonable post SHRAGS.

But consider this. Maybe AIPA com should have thought to brief the membership BEFORE everyone started to get cranky about the way things were going.

This seems to be the real problem with AIPA, and it is reflected in QF pilots generally (including me...) It is the organisational arrogance. AIPA never stopped to think to brief those all important people (the membership) until it was bubbling over.

Why not? I'll tell you why. They have an arrogant "We are QF (read AIPA), we can never do wrong" attitude. It is imbrued in them through years of service with QF. And it is not good enough. If it weren't for the shaking of the tree by one particular individual, we probably wouldn't have seen those briefings.

And some more news? A very good proportion of us still are unhappy with the way things are going. But perhaps now we at least are aware that there is little room for movement. But at least we now know - which we didn't before.

And in so far as running for COM next election? Jeez, I'll be the first to admit I'd be more of a hinderance than a help to AIPA. But I am capable of recognising a problem when I see one. And as a member, I should be able to voice that loudly. Agree?

Having said all that - I'll happily buy Robin a beer.