Windshear
1st Mar 2004, 14:11
SINGAPORE FLYING COLLEGE
Flying and Simulator Instructors
To join our team based at Maroochydore QLD
* 5000Hrs TT
* 2000Hrs Jet Command
* Airline Check and Training prefered
Apply : Chief Pilot, Singapore Flying College, Sunshine Coast Airport, Marcoola QLD 4564. Email [email protected]

NRMA CareFlight HELICOPTER PILOTS
Care Flight a charitable organisation providing medical retrieval and rescue services requires two [2] pilots
* CPL [H]
* Night VFR
* 3000 Hrs [H]
* 1000 Hrs PIC Turbine [H]
* 100 Hrs Multi Eng. [H]
* 50 Hrs PIC NVFR
Apply HR Manager, CareFlight, P O BOX 159, WESTMEAD 2145
Ph 9891 6144 email [email protected]

PILOTS WANTED

Duration
permanent

Closing Date
28/03/2004

Description

We require pilots with the following minimum requirements as at 20 Feb 2004:
* 800 to 1,000 h TT
* 50 h multi / Instrument rating
* Minimum of 500 h under charter conditions

Following endorsements will be an advantage:
BN-2 / PA-34 / PA-31

Name
Golden Eagle Airlines

Mailing Address
PO Box 819
Port Hedland WA 6721

Website
www.goldeneagleairlines.com

thanks Ang 737. ...... more later in the week . Windy:ok:

Woomera
1st Mar 2004, 15:11
Only on PPRuNe can you get next Friday's jobs on Monday!!!

Windy, any chance you could slip me next weekends winning Lotto numbers???

:E

Woomera

Arbey8
3rd Mar 2004, 08:14
anyone know how many blokes they are putting on? whats the progression like from 210 to twin?

full of great information windshear, keep working hard!

Ang737
3rd Mar 2004, 10:19
Hi Arbey

I do know of one guy they put on. Starting on the C206 but not sure about twin progression. I hear its quite quick...

Good Luck

Ang ;)

Windshear
5th Mar 2004, 07:37
...... that's it for this week Windy :ok:

thought for today .... if Jamie can be offered a seat on the QF board maybe Anthony Mundine could be offered Geoff Dixon's job .... gotta be worth more than 2 Million a fight ! ;)

tenke
5th Mar 2004, 09:23
Singapore Flying College-why the emphasis on command jet rather than Instructing/teaching ability and jet experience (command or co pilot). These days I see little difference as far as handling a jet goes between left and right seat, given one has the experience (hours).

Fluke
5th Mar 2004, 15:51
Tenke

Probably because of the sector flying requirement of their SFO's and the need for upgrade appraisals which may or may not be listened to back in Lion city.
While there may not be much difference in jet handling from the left or right seat, the management skills are a different matter. Especially in a 'protect your ass at all times' company like SQ.

:D Fluke

Capt Fathom
5th Mar 2004, 18:28
These days I see little difference as far as handling a jet goes between left and right seat, given one has the experience (hours).
With a statement like this, I hope you are not in the left seat of a jet! :ugh:

greybeard
7th Mar 2004, 19:34
Capt Fathom and Fluke say it all Tenke.

You need to have a serious lot of experience and JET COMMAND to be effective and SAFE as an Instructor on the Lear for SIA.

The job can be very rewarding, frustrating to an enormous degree at times and one of, if not the TUFFEST in Instructing there could be in Aviation.

The Lear is a delight, goes like hell on fire, you have a 200 hr cadet along for the task and it is SP IFR all the way to 40,000 and back 6 times a day if the sector is about an hour. The shorter ones of 30 mls or so are a blur, although in Aust I think they are longer than the one SIN - JHB which could spook most folks on day one.

It is based in Aust, but is still very "Singaporian" in all ways which is OK once you get a handle on the tasks. They can move the goal posts, change their design and even the shape of the ball in flight sometimes as regards to what you might expect HR, Operationally and structurally from so called "normal" in Australia.

Having said all that, I would go again to the task if the location was on the better side of Australia??!!