PDA

View Full Version : performance A

traffic jam
29th Feb 2004, 21:26
Can someone help me on this? I was looking at some requirements that airlines are looking for in their first officers and one requirement is 'Performance A'. I'm not entirely sure what this means. Can someone fill me in? Thanks

OneIn60rule
1st Mar 2004, 04:36
they require F/O's for their performance A A/C?

Since naturally there's performance class A, B, C,. (Where C is old a/c's, right?)

Performance Class A: Multi-engine a/c powered by:

> Turbopropeller engines with a max. approved passenger seating configuration of more than 9 or a maximum take-off mass exceeding 5700 kg,
>AND ALL multi engine turbojet powered aeroplanes.

What this means is that all multi engine TURBOJETS are class A. At least from what I understand in my notes.

Anyway I believe this is what they are after because it does make sense to quote a performance class rather than saying the whole bubble babble.

Cheers

mad_jock
1st Mar 2004, 04:52
If you have sat the JAR ATPL ground exams don't worry about it. You already have it.

Its a send back to the old CAA lic system. They used to do different performance exams depending which cat of machines you were where going to fly. Pref A is big twins which have a garanteed climb perf after engine failure.

MJ