View Full Version : FlyJet Training Course

hottowel
29th Feb 2004, 05:39
Hi Guys and Gals

Have just been offered a position with FlyJet... My training commences on 5th April, just wondering if anyone else has been given this date to start?

I am really pleased that I have been offered a position here.... I like the idea of trips out to different places not usually associated with the Charter Scene...
Drop me a line if ur starting on that date.

Cheers Hottowel xx:D

lars
1st Mar 2004, 19:12
Hi there!!

May ask you some questions? Is accomodation provided during training by Fly-jet? And... Could you give me some info about the company, such as pay, rosters and how long is an initial contarct, please? Thanks in advance.

hottowel
1st Mar 2004, 20:12
Hi there,
Accomodation is not provided during training as the course will take place at my chosen base of Manchester.
Pay is £11,000 for Junior Crew, £13,000 for Bar positions. These wages do not include Duty pay and commision.

I dont know anything about Rosters as I have not started there yet. On the whole through friends who work for the company they are very happy there.

If you do a search on FlyJet in pprune you will see more comprehensive posts...

:D

RUMAD
11th Mar 2004, 05:04
Hi there hottowel,
I'm currently on a training course with Flyjet,started 1st march,if u need any info please ask and i'll try and help out:)

flyingmatress
5th Apr 2004, 09:44
The wages are:
Main crew - £11000 Bar Grade - £12000 and In Flight Manager - £15000

the contracts are all 6 month temporary contracts and some crew have had 4 temporary contracts in a row.

rosters are getting busy with lots of night flights, night stops, there and backs, india trips and 4/5 day trips round europe.

flyjetboy
5th Apr 2004, 13:21
As flying mattress states yes our contracts are initially 6 months in duration and would be extended depending of start date and sutability and there being available vacancies for the winter seasons. However he is wrong in saying that people have had four temp contracts due them being 6mnths duration and the airline only started last year this would mean those people who have had 4 contracts have worked here for 2 years ???????,
Thats great even though we havent celebrated our 1st birthday yet. But flyjet is a nice little company to work for nice friendly atmosphere.

goodgirl
6th Apr 2004, 00:04
flyjet will be operating all shorthaul charter for the summer such as tfs her lca ssh ace fao rho tlv ace.the only longhaul will be amritsar which is two sectors and either bullet trips or 6 days.the bullet trips are better as the hotel flyjet use is dirty and everyone hates this trip.flyjet offer an average basic pay but only offer £2.00 per hour fdp.they also tend to tax employees too much and often make mistakes with salarys which take a while to rectify.however there are some lovely crew who work for them which makes it better altough they will not hesitate to sack you if your face doesnt fit!!needs more time to establish itself and create better management before its too late

flyjetboy
6th Apr 2004, 16:54
GOODGIRL :- with regards your comments i have never had a problem with my wages, also £2.00 per hour fdp is about the norm in most airlines with some paying less.
as for flights to india yes some crew dont like them and others do, yes the hotel is not 5 star but what do you expect it is in a city that does not get many western visitors, as for the hotel being dirty i did a trip there last week and my room was clean and comfortable enough, maybe some of our crew need to realise that they are no longer working for a scheduald airline and also that our basic salary is comparible if not better than many established airlines inc some scheduald carriers!!!!!! i enjoy flyjet and have done since day 1

AS A FOOTNOTE TO THE ABOVE THE COMPANY DO NOT SACK PEOPLE IF YOUR FACE DOESNT FIT IF PEOPLE DONT LIKE IT THEN THEY CAN LEAVE NO ONE FORCES PEOPLE TO STAY .DONT FORGET THE MORE YOU EARN THE MORE YOU ARE TAXED, AND WITH SOME OF OUR MAIN CREW CLEARING OVER 1800 PER MONTH AFTER TAX I DONT THINK THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO MOAN ABOUT, DO YOU ?????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

flyjetboy
7th Apr 2004, 07:34
Also how many airlines do you know that the directors know everyone by name and are addressed on first name terms. As for new management i couldnt agree less.
As for crewing they will bend over backwards to help people out however some people have taken the piss so why should crewing help them ?
END OF MY RANT.

ILS26L
7th Apr 2004, 22:59
Just thought I'd add my line in this post. Flyjet was registered in May 2003 and have been flying for just about a year now. The basic pay is pretty good, but £2.00 is under average.
Flyjet have only got 2 B757, which is not really promising considering it's been trading for about a year now. This points out that they didn't anticipate great potential in their activities and were just testing the industry. Now they have got plans of 2 extra 757 and 2 B767 for this summer period, which means that they have decided to expand... This can be tricky, because the airline hasn't proved itself yet, and will need to take out a considerable loan to finance these planes... Personally, I wouldn't recommend FlyJet as a long term career, I only hope Flyjet won't share European's fate.

flyjetboy
8th Apr 2004, 08:13
One question ils26l do work for flyjet ? also have you never heard the saying out of small acorns great oaks grow.
instead of putting the airline down why not give it a go.
after all i remember virgin started with only 2 747s and easyjet stared with a leased 737 so lets wait and see. as for the companys financial status dont be to sure regarding the airlines financial status!

goodgirl
10th Apr 2004, 10:14
flyjetboy(name says it all!) main crew or even inflight managers have not or will not ever earn 1800 per month after tax! 2.00 fdp is below average and those few airlines that do pay it do not tax their crew as much.yes the directors do know the crew by name but there is only 40 crew who check-in at the same base and these directors have no problem terminating contacts whilst crew are still downroute! the financial director will never be a richard branson. as for crewing bending over backwards.....more like first officers bending over backwards to help crewing i.e pilots being called out to operate doors as no crew available....as you said flyjetboy if you dont like it then leave.....looks like a lot have!!

flyjetboy
10th Apr 2004, 15:47
THATS WHY MAN CREW WERE EARNING THIS AMOUNT OVER THE WINTER WHILE GETTING A WEEK OFF IN CYPRUS.
AND YEAH SOME PEOPLE HAVE LEFT BUT THEY WILL NOT BE MISSED. I JUST WISH ALL THE WINGERS WOULD LEAVE AND MAYBE THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO ENJOY IT WILL ENJOY IT EVEN MORE, OH BUT I FORGOT THE COMPANY PAY YOUR WAGES .
AND YES 2 FDP IS AVERAGE AS I HAVE WORKED FOR AIRLINES WHO ONLY PAIN 1.80 FDP, OK SOME PAY MORE, BUT HEY IF YOU WANT TO GO TO THESE AIRLINES THEN DONT LET US STOP YOU!.
AND WHILE YOU ARE MOANING WHY NOT GIVE A THOUGHT TO THE PEOPLE AT EUROPEAN OR AV8 WHO FIND THEMSELVES OUT OF WORK I AM SURE IF YOU STEP ASIDE MANY WOULD TAKE YOUR PLACE AND THEY WOULD BE WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS.
SO AS I SAID ANYONE WHO DOESNT ENJOY FLYJET WHY NOT LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILS26L
10th Apr 2004, 20:52
Flyjetboy, you show a lot of imaturity in your messages. You must have a better undestand on aviation business before you make such statements... It's always good to like the company you work for, but no one's perfect, and you must always accept different views and criticism. Now let's face the facts, £2.00 an hour is poor and yes, European paid less but I don't think mentioning European right now is a good idea (we all know how they finished)... I think that Flyjet must prove themselves, they are not doing very well for the time being... let's hope they have a busy summer. They also announced 767's for this summer, we'll just see if they stick to that announcement or pull out... Oh and maybe they'll get proper offices instead of renting out rooms at "Le Meridien" hotel.

flyblue
10th Apr 2004, 22:35
flyjetboy

there's more to a discussion than "if you don't like it whyt not leave". This is a Forum, a place where people come for exchanging opinions, and they are entitled to express it as long as it's done politely and in a constructive spirit. If you don't approve, use your dialectics to explain your point of view. Shouting and agresssing doesn't work, and you as a CC, should be more aware of this than anyone else.
And please, refrain to use capitals in your posts.

hottowel
11th Apr 2004, 08:18
Hi,

Well I am sorry I ever posted this topic. I didnt think it would evolve into a slanging match. I totally agree with your post flyblue.
Well just for the record I decided not to go ahead with the position at FlyJet. The main reason was because of the contractual details. I didn't like the idea of being "seconded" to the airline by a Crew management leasing company. Seemed a bit Fishy to me. It probably works for other people, but I would far prefer to be employed by the company itself and not a Third Party. It brings back memories of casual temping in a call centre.

Anyway, have decided to hang up my ice tongs for a bit and work for a rail company. Have worked for one before and didn't like it, but I have been offered a very attractive seniors postion with an equally attractive salary/benefits package. This company is very Red and Silver and is owned by the guy who puts those gorgeous Silver and Red aluminium tubes in the sky over the atlantic.

Hope it all goes well at Flyjet and it continues to go well for all of you, like I said it just didn't seem the right place for me.

Still keeping my ear to the ground for news and gossip on the cabin crew side as I will grace the skies again soon when the right time comes again.

Take care and happy landings....

Hottowel ;)

flyblue
11th Apr 2004, 11:40
hottowel
Well I am sorry I ever posted this topic
Don't be. We should be able to handle any kind of discussion like grown ups. The way the thread evolved has nothing to do with the topic you raised.
Good luck with your new career :ok:

nicksfix
21st Apr 2004, 20:13
you know guys ive worked for flyjet since september and its not that bad at all, sure its not perfect but its a new company and its trying its best to get work and keep everyone in jobs. yes some people have gone , but they needed too. Everyone is really friendly online and in the offices. i agree that some strange stuff has gone on but you cant say its been dull over the past year, we have had some great trips and and some great laughs and I for one have enjoyed every moment of it. So if youre one of the people at flyjet ( and you are in a group of one ) who complain about everything and anything then you should rethink what makes you happy in life. I know iam happy travelling here there and everywhere instead of being stuck in an office somewhere. so guys stop bitching chill out and enjoy yourselves.

Cully
21st May 2004, 13:49
Well flyjet boy i work for flyjet and have never earned 1,8000 even befor tax? as for the new 767,s, i was told we were getting them when i started and supprise they still have not got them.As for the pitz hotel in India it was disgusting and a safty issue. Flyjet should look after there crew even BTS was a joke nothing to do there you could only get pissed.Ever hotel flyjet put you into is always miles away from anythink! Flyjet boy you need to take a step back and look at what is going on around you. Dont get me wrong the crew are great but management are only in it to see what they can make! O by the way i only had 4 flights this month and June is also very quiet! so no there is not much work which is very worrying!! Happy flying

SunDanced Kid
22nd May 2004, 03:53
Well some good reading here... FLYJETBOY weren't you once known as a different User. It seems your are happy at whichever
airline you goto you try to slate everyone. ILS had a very good
point and maybe you should look Further than the end of your
Ice Tongs. From what I can see is Flyjet have been with 2 757's
and hardly done any flights. I hear the India Flights are hardly
full so how they can be making revenue.

We are already into the Summer season and getting ready to hit
high season and FlyJet dont seem to be anywhere in the running
I just hope for all the people on the new course aren't let down.

Happy Landings

hottowel
28th Aug 2004, 11:43
That's a pretty silly thing to say about an airline when you are looking for a Cabin Crew job..... if you're contemplating applying to them I wouldn't go posting comments like that about a prospective employer even if you do think they are bad.... especially with your first name plastered all over you posts etc etc...

Think before you speak :)

Fuel Crossfeed
28th Aug 2004, 16:29
MYT are about to layoff a load of c/crew due boeing fleet reduction - but FJE are recruiting.

Let me think which sounds bad??
Well said hottowel.

sammyhostie3
28th Aug 2004, 16:57
Hottowel,

Best to know the facts re MYT perhaps before you post that kind of thing!

Ye swe are scrapping the B fleet, but as we are all crossed fleet trained, ie Airbus/Boeing, it really is not a major issue.

There wil be redundancies at the base closure yes, eg STN,but these will hopefully most be voluntary.

Please at least ask employees first.

FJE are in the same league as AEU, nowhere near MYT and the other charters.

hottowel
28th Aug 2004, 19:42
Hi Sammiehostie,

Just to clear up some confusion, if you look back at my post I wasnt slating MYT or FJE off at all. It was the post that was made after me that was a little derogatory.... I was merely pointing out to Iain that he shouldn't post things, slating prospective employers when the people who read this could be interviewing him soon....
I like MYT and did consider applying this year before I got offered BACX and KLM cityhopper...

Just want to wish everyone luck in the next few months with all the uncertainties...

Hope I haven't upset you.... ;)

Cheers Hottowel