PDA

View Full Version : Professional Air Training in Bournemouth

itchy kitchin
28th Feb 2004, 21:18
I am constantly hearing negative stories about flight training, so I thought i would put pen to paper with a positive report for the benefit of those looking to do a CPL/IR in england. I know how hard it is to find the right school and doesn't it always seem as though everyone seems has the best advice for you(and isn't it always contradictory)?

I have just finished my CPL/IR at PAT in bournemouth. It would be criminal of me not to pass on some feedback to other wannabees about this school. The school came highly reccomended to me not only by word of mouth from trainee pilots, but also some quite senior figures in the ailine industry. Prior to going to PAT, i had a PPL IMC and those infernal exams under my belt, so it was a straightforward brief: CPL, multi and IR. I went down there to have a look at the place and the first impression i got was one of utmost professionalism. After looking around, meeting the staff, aircraft, simulator and dog, I decided to sign up. I can wholeheartedly say that i made the right choice.

One of the key things for me about the school is that the instructers are all career instructers. Throughout my training i had two instructers for the CPL and IR. The fact that i got first time passes in minimum hours for both speaks volume about the quality of instruction. The instructors usually have 2 students each, so they were able to invest plenty of time in me. The aircraft are BE76's and 24's and are in great shape. Throughout the training i felt as though i was a VIP customer and not just another pilot on the "conveyor belt".

I am posting this on prune because the testimony of a satisfied customer is hard to come by. I would have to say that as a very happy customer i would say this: definately check them out.

[email protected]

18greens
29th Feb 2004, 05:51
Hear hear.

I echo your comments. The Mollinsons are some of the most honest reliable poeple you could meet in the industry.

It might not seem cheap initially but in the long run its good value.

Ninety-Nines
29th Feb 2004, 09:17
With you both on this - I have recommended some students to train at PAT and all have returned positive feedback.

Nikki

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Feb 2004, 16:05
I did my Multi and IR there in 1999 and made a similar posting to this one. They were excellent in every way.

I am eternally frustrated that large schools with glossy advertising departments are perceived as offering the best tuition whereas in fact it is to be found in crumbling post war huts on the shaby side of places like Hurn Airport.

If I were doing my IR again today I wouldn't be off to Kiddlington, Cranfield or Jerez. I'd be looking at Bournemouth, Exeter, Staverton, Perth, Coventry, Leeds or some other airfield boasting a smallish professional FTO which has been in business for many years.

Seriously - a Well Known CAAFU of Scottish extraction who conducts IRTs day in day out is of the belief that the best school in the country is currently based at Coventry.

Glad to hear that PAT continue to flourish.

Lets hear more of the same folks. I often concern myself that all you ever get to read on this forum is how rubbish school XYZ is and how useless the training was. Most people have a mostly positive experience during professional flying training. Lets hear all about it.

Cheers