PDA

View Full Version : Enough! with terror labour from QR, CEO

jet4hire
28th Feb 2004, 13:51
Akbor !! please read this!

DOHA: The latest US State Department human rights report takes note of the “significant steps” taken by Qatar toward democratic governance, and has generally given a clean chit to government agencies in matters of rights violations.

The report, however, observes that despite positive laws and all good intentions of the government, expatriate workers continue to suffer at the hands of some private employers.

The Human Rights Practices report for 2003 was released by the State Department’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labour on Wednesday.

It states that the Qatari Government’s overall human rights recored “improved in some areas during the year (2003)”. Among the positive steps toward democratic governance, the report makes mention of the “free and fair” elections to the 29-member Central Municipal Council, in which both male and female citizens ran for office.

The report acknowledges the election of one woman councilor, the appointment of another woman (H E Sheikha Ahmed Al Mahmoud) as Minister of Education in the Cabinet, and that of a woman President (Dr Sheikha Abdullah Al Missned) of the University of Qatar.

Commenting on the security services, the document says there was no reports during 2003 of their having committed human rights abuses. It also notes that prison conditions generally met international standards. The police forces generally were effective and there were no cases of arbitrary arrest or detention, corruption and abuse of power.

Significantly, the report notes the setting up of the National Human Rights Committee consisting of members drawn from government ministries as well as civil society. It also registers the establishment, during the year, of an Office of Human Rights within the Legal Department of the Ministry of Interior.

The report also acknowledges the Government’s moves toward freedom of speech and press, and cites the case of Qatari newspapers criticising the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture for its decision to make insurance mandatory for small businesses and its failure to provide adequate facilities for slaughtering animals.

It observes that callers to a popular morning show on the state-owned radio frequently discussed topics such as government inefficiency and the lack of responsiveness by various ministries to citizens’ needs such as poor schools, failure to deliver adequate water and sewage services, and problems with the health care system.

On the foreign labour front, though, the report notes that “at times some domestic servants were mistreated and abused. Non-citizens, who make up more than 75 per cent of local residents, faced discrimination in the workplace.”

It observes that employers set wages unilaterally without government involvement. “Although it was government policy to assist labourers seeking payment of late salaries due (usually through the Labour Department), small groups of labourers resorted to illegal work stoppages to force payment of arrears,” says the report and goes on to mention several cases of unpaid workers resorting to strikes during the year.
:ok:

waitec
28th Feb 2004, 15:02
jet4hire would you agree that there might be more proper channels to address your query to the CEO? I think he has better things to do than read PPrune and even if he find the time to do so, what proof does he have that you are indeed an employee of the airline.

I have no idea about the internal issues of the airline, in fact I'm asking for information about the city and the airline in a seperate thread. However allow me to pass some thoughts on the matter.

In my opinion a good starting point would be talking to your Chief Pilot. He might hear you but if more people go to his office he might start Listening to his pilot's problems and the ball would start rolling. As I read, both the country and the airline has potential to grow further. The airline industry is picking up and thus better conditions have to be offered to attract more people to the airline. This is not the place to complain and air your problems. Rest assured that things would never change if you continue to do so here. Democracy with time, patience and pesuasion won over communism.

I sincerely hope that I did not offend anybody with my comments above. If so, it was surely not my intention and I apologise.

strength
1st Mar 2004, 01:32
Everyone knows in QR that it really doesnt matter who you talk to in whatever department: Al Baker has the say with everything, managers cannot manage, people are being unfairly demoted and fired left,right and centre, morale is very low and Europeans are loathed in QR by AAB -Like I've stated before there are only a handful of Brits working as cabin-crew now and why is that....because nobody regardless of nationality has any rights in QR at all.

Bob Gates, sadly departed (NOT) has been been replaced by Saliya (Al Bakers "YES" thing or puppett) and the cc are horrified he's in that position - he can't even train properly!

Flight deck crew are just so unhappy because of AAB and his regime.

With regards to "rights" QR MUST have the highest turnover of staff anywhere simply because of the conditions and rediculous rules. HRH the Emir would be horrified if he knew what was going on and I shall be sending him details shortly....Oh, and if AAB is reading this: my friends at the U.K CAA are very interested in the cabin crews hours of operation........many crew are working illegally and I've got the evidence!!!!!

jet4hire
3rd Mar 2004, 01:01
WAITEC, I believe you might be an spy one of the few that,
Mr. Akbor has hired! Anyways, thanks for your comments!by the way...

PS. The same copy was address to him.

Strenght! thank you! you got the words, out my head :mad:
beacause, I am :mad: :hmm: ;)

waitec
3rd Mar 2004, 03:23
Jet4hire

You are a one sort of a guy. Relax. You won't be trusting your very own friends in the near future if you continue with such reasoning.

I can assure you that I am no spy. If you don't believe me, well I'm sorry to say, its not my problem. I just put my thoughts in writing. Thought I might be of some help. Apparently it was not appreciated by you and I feel sorry for wasting my time answering. I hope I could be of some help to others.

By the way your English language is very good when you copy an article out from somewhere. However it leaves much to be desired when you write your own thoughts.

jet4hire
3rd Mar 2004, 06:09
But, I can assure you that, I write my french language much better than you!

Is english your only speaking language? :cool:

marhaba:ok:

waitec
3rd Mar 2004, 13:51
Oh that explains it all.

jet4hire
4th Mar 2004, 00:42
chill-out!! as they say in america...no hard feelings....!!

What kind of information would you like to have? about QR!!

:cool:

waitec
4th Mar 2004, 02:41
Any information would be of help. Thanks in advance for your help.

:ok: