PDA

View Full Version : Forum FAQ

Naples Air Center, Inc.
28th Feb 2004, 02:22
Just thinking about a Forum FAQ Sticky.

What does everyone think of a Sticky, where everyone can add to it.

The guidelines are very short posts, listing what the post is about, of a Link to someone like:

Spyware and Malware Issues: Tweak3d.net has a guide on how to remove Spyware, etc.

How to Eliminate Spyware, Adware, and Random Popups (http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/spyware/)

and

Registry Edits for Windows XP "Tweaks and Tips" (http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm)

(There are well over 600 Tweaks, Fixes and Utilities.)

If any post is too long, we have a Moderator shorten the post down to a couple of lines and if someone posts outside the guidelines, it is deleted by a Moderator.

I think it would be helpful as long as we keep it short and easy to read, so it can be used as a quick reference.

Richard

Rollingthunder
28th Feb 2004, 02:37
Sounds like a good idea. Problems get fixed but more are coming along all the time and a handy dandy reference guide would be an asset.

Paracab
28th Feb 2004, 04:01
Richard,

Excellent idea - would be very helpful to those of us who just know the basics but would like to learn more. Hope it gets off the ground.

FJJP
28th Feb 2004, 16:04
Richard, I like the idea. I have noticed that over time, questions are often repeated, problems often re-occur. It would be a handy reference for people to browse through before posting on the forum - and it would probably save bandwith as well as time...

FJJP

Flybywyre
29th Feb 2004, 06:59
:ok: Gets my vote................

ratsarrse
3rd Mar 2004, 02:25
...especially as we don't have a search function at the moment...

BRL
3rd Mar 2004, 03:29
..............and not forgetting to put at the top of the post about what operating system/equipment used etc...... :O

Does anyone have anything in mind what should be in there? Has anyone come up with some kind of draft copy to kick things off with???

goates
3rd Mar 2004, 04:03
How about something like this to start with? People could just cut, paste and fill in the information.

Description of problem or question:

Computer model: (Dell, HP, Mac or home built etc.)

Operating system: Linux/Mac OS X/WinXP/Win98 etc.

Processor: (PowerPC G4/G5, AMD AthlonXP, Pentium 4)
Motherboard (if home built):
Amount of RAM:
Hard Drive size:
Video Card:
Monitor:
Sound card:
Peripherals: (mouse, keyboard, digital camera that may be involved in the question or problem)
Software: (especially anti-virus and firewall programs and what ever else may be involved)

goates