PDA

View Full Version : New Micronesian airline says set-backs won't delay launch date

Wirraway
27th Feb 2004, 17:42
ABC Radio News

A new Micronesian airline says set-backs won't delay launch date

A new international airline, Palau Micronesia Air says it's still committed to an April 20th take-off.

The statment was issued after a deal with Air New Zealand for technical backing fell through.

Airline president Alan Seid says it's biggest hurdle is securing an Air Operator's Certificate and to get this, an airline must meet safety standards and be technically able to fly international routes

Mr Seid says the plan was to operate under Air New Zealand's certificate but he says New Zealand's national carrier can no longer do this, but he remains hopeful of finding another partner.

Palau Micronesia Air plans to fly to Guam, the neighboring islands, Manila, Australia and Japan

27/02/2004 17:27:51 | ABC Radio Australia News

========================================

travelbiz.com.au

$1000 return to Honolulu in Hawaiian launch deal

Hawaiian Airlines is offering launch airfares starting from $1074 return for flights between Sydney and Honolulu.

The fares were announced today after the carrier received approval from Australian and US authorities for its new non-stop services across the Pacific.

Hawaiian’s first non-stop flight will depart Sydney on Tuesday evening, May 18, then operate four times weekly, subject to final approval by the Australian government.

The airline also is offering common-rated introductory fares starting from $1503 – plus taxes - from Sydney to any of its eight US mainland destinations – Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix and Las Vegas.

It is also developing a range of competitive package holidays in tandem with Australian tour wholesalers for visitors to Hawaii, neighbouring islands and the US west coast.

The introductory airfares are good for any bookings made by March 31, as long as travel is completed by December 31, 2004.

Hawaiian will fly four times weekly between Australia and Hawaii, departing Sydney on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

27 February 2004

=============================================

Eastwest Loco
27th Feb 2004, 18:25
The fares are not brilliant, but the route is capacity and carrier starved so it cannot hurt.

Unfortunately HA is represented by World Aviation in Oz, and attempts to get a plate so I can issue tickets for my corporate clients have been directed in circles by the moussaka mafia.

I now have a back door I will follow, as I will not have a bunch of "English as a second language" relatives and friends of the owners of any business between myself and million dollar corporates. Bitten too often by the ones that cannot get a job in the real world.

I hope HA goes well, as they have been a carrier of good reputation for many years.

Anyone from WAS want to pass on my number to HA management, just PM me.

Yeah - right.

Best regards

EWL

missy
29th Feb 2004, 19:39
Palau Micronesia Air says it's still committed to an April 20th take-off.

Perhaps airline president Alan Seid would like a copy of the video Ansett made after they made their infamous "no-nose wheel approach" at Sydney.

What did TJ call it - "a can do attitude".

Kwaj mate
1st Mar 2004, 06:14
To get their AOC completed in the 6 weeks & start services in 7 so is a bit of a ask of their staff.
I would say the Rishworth group (or IAC?) will be stepping in soon to do it all for them.
If they are having problems with their AOC, how will they set up their routes and get their marketing done in time.
Japan will be a hard market to break into and it usually takes about 2 years to get things moving there.
CO/Air Micronesia will be hard to take traffic off as they are efficient, lean, mean and agressive when others are seen to movin into their markets.
A 737NG or HGW A319 is needed (not an old 733 from SB) and an efficient operational base. Another island state trying to beat CO/M's domination in the region when they should try & work with them to improve their position in the Japanese, Korean & Phippine markets.
It's difficult to see that this airline will ever get up and running (in its prsent form) without millions being spent on it and it has been rumoured in these pages that they are still unable to even find their first $5m for the project.