PDA

View Full Version : Is Italian Compulsury to work for a Charter/ Air taxi company in Italy ?

herta
27th Feb 2004, 17:13
Ciao !

I am french pilot, and I would like to know if there are some Italian companies that hire non italian speaking cockpit crews.

I am also fluent english, french, and current in german.

Thank you for your comments.

flyblue
28th Feb 2004, 20:19
I have many non Italian-speaking friends who work in Italy, so there must be someone around hiring. Good luck.

herta
29th Feb 2004, 05:05
Dear flyblue,

Thank you for your encouraging answer!
It s funny, because the more I get to now the european countries, the more I am to make the constat that France is the more un-European country of Europe !

flyblue
29th Feb 2004, 06:51
You are welcome herta!
Surely you know (and don't want to start a fuss over this!) that the reason why only French language speakers can work in France is that according to a DGAC regulation all crew working on a French aircraft must speak (actually "understand eachother" in) French, for security reasons.

herta
29th Feb 2004, 14:42
And that is exactly the way the Air France test selction is about : 50% of the applicants are eliminated on a .....................French test !!!

flyblue
29th Feb 2004, 18:07
Err, to be precise, it's a "test psychotechnique verbal", not really a "French test". It has more to do with the skill of grasping quickly the meaning of the words and understanding the relation between them (ex: you have a list of words and have to chose from another list of similar ones the one who's more logically connected).
Funnily enough, the last 2 pilots I know who failed, did it on the English test.

Henry VIII
9th Mar 2004, 06:42
Herta don't worry about the answer received... you know how are the french... and the french speaking.

In Italy a french cdr flying in Blue Panorama after his previous company went in bankruptcy (Aeris) has reported to the company the "unusual" comunication situation because the other flight crews and the cabin crews speak "only" italian and english and... not french !!!

See you
Henry

Baron rouge
23rd Mar 2004, 15:58
Hi HERTA

Don't worry, you don't need to speek Italian to work for an Italian company.

There are quite a few Captains, French or Belgian working for Volare, Airone, Winjet, or Alpieagles and I don't think any of those spoke a single word of Italian when they started.

In fact these Chaps are quite nice and the traffic with ATC is in English. As well if you fly there, you will notice that everybody from the Flight Attendants to the Groud Staff and Technicians is able to speak quite a good English.

Good Luck.

herta
26th Mar 2004, 17:39
Hallo everyone,

Thank you for your nice and constructive answers, I reconize here the Italian warm ambiancy !:ok:

Happy Landings

bluefalcon
20th Apr 2004, 16:23
Dear italian latino lads,,

As our french colleague, im also intreagued in knowing how well a foreign( spagnolo) pilot is accepted in an airline like meridiana or air one,, if its good,, do u know of any pilots that got in with low hours, less than 500,, and when they did the TR course in what language was that in,, cause i know that italy like spain as we both have high number of unemplyed national pilots, foreign pilots are not that well seen,, is it so in italy too?, how about getting in one of the mentioned airlines with low hours, any chance or you need some serious contacts,, anyone know any foreigner in an airline like that with low hours?
grazzie per tutti vostra resposta

piacere