PDA

View Full Version : Aviance- Ramp Service Agent interview

cara agus slan
27th Feb 2004, 05:11
Hey guys and gals,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what a Ramp Service Agent job actually entails? Is it literally baggage handler duties or is there more to it?
Been offered an interview with Aviance for the above position and just wanted to make sure it is what i wanted to get into!
Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers and good luck!!

Departures Beckham
27th Feb 2004, 07:20
A Ramp job usually involves:

Chocking the aircraft wheels when it stops on stand,
Connecting ground power to the aircraft,
Pulling (or driving) steps onto the aircraft,
Unloading the inbound bags and putting them onto the baggage reclaim belts,
Loading the outbound bags,
Removing the steps and ground power,
and after you've got some experience, doing a walkaround of the aircraft to look for any damage, driving the tugs which push the aircraft back and communicating with the flight crew via a headset during the pushback.

It will vary between companies and between airports, but that's the basic turnaround for the ramp team.

Headset starter
10th Mar 2004, 01:51
Aviance will take on anywone, don't be stressed about the interview.

I'm working for pax services at MAN and they really DO employ anyone.

Cheers,

HS

redfield
11th Mar 2004, 03:17
That explains a lot! I didn't like to write anything critical about Aviance, but now that someone who works for them did it for me.....:mad:

BEST L/CONTROLLER
12th Mar 2004, 09:17
Sounds like good old Servisair there!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!!:ok:

redfield
16th Mar 2004, 20:56
Best l/controller: you're just a bit too perceptive for your own good you know - it could be Reid Aviation, or Groundstar....:confused:

Ex Oggie
19th Mar 2004, 18:28
it could be Reid Aviation, or Groundstar

Reed Aviation was bought out by Aviance a few years ago. All part of the same shambolic enterprise now. Shame, Reeds really had the business nailed down well.

cumberland
31st Mar 2004, 10:48
Reed Aviation gave excellent service and had a great bunch of very hard working loyal staff, the long time Reed stations that are in the Aviance network can still claim the same high standards. One of the reasons why Reed had been bought!!!

Ex Oggie
1st Apr 2004, 16:24
I couldn't agree more cumberland, but through making crisis management an art form, Aviance have caused the closure of several ex-Reed stations. For the remainder, I believe its only the dedication of the long term staff that's keeping them going. A dreadful shame!