PDA

View Full Version : Notepad print quality problem

Sikpupi
27th Feb 2004, 00:58
Hi

I receive various emails with Notepad attachments which look OK on screen.

However...when I print them off.... the content seems to have a wrap problem with the sentences dropping down a line in the middle of a word.

Also... the font is huge and my only solution is to copy it to Word and reprint.

Any solutions???

Thanks

fobotcso
27th Feb 2004, 01:07
"...my only solution is to copy it to Word and reprint."

Mine too! (Or spend a tedious 5 minutes reformatting in Notepad).

I'll be interested to see if anyone comes up with an easier solution - other than getting the sender(s) to make a better job of creating the files.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Feb 2004, 02:29
Sikpupi,

There are notepad replacement programs out on the net, that will do a better job of printing.

Personally I do not like replacing Windows Components with Third Party Software, so I do like the two of you. Cut and Paste to Word.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Did you turn Word Wrap on in Notepad?

Sikpupi
27th Feb 2004, 03:59
Richard

Didn't see that Option. I'll check it tomorrow when I get back to work.

The layout looked great on screen.....its when it prints that it breaks up on paper!!!!

Keep up the good work

Naples Air Center, Inc.
27th Feb 2004, 05:52
Sikpupi,

In Notepad under Format you will find the option for Word Wrap.

Take Care,

Richard

TeamTerminal
28th Feb 2004, 18:38
Notepad basically being a windows dos text editor is fairly limited, but it does try to do things with fonts to printer etc. Really nothing the sender can do will change the way it displays & prints on your machine.

Turn word wrap on but if the file displays over 70 characters wide the word wrap & paper size in the printer start to run foul with proportional fonts.

Try setting the font to fixedsys 8 or 9 & see how it prints then. It remembers this and will display all future files in this format.

If this is no good there are a quadzillion dos text editors out there that will do the job for you. Most recognize the old Wordstar or Glass shortcuts & formating.

PS The font worpad uses for display is set using the menu option 'Edit" "set font" just under word wrap.

TT