View Full Version : Is Betts really this bad?

trainer too 2
26th Feb 2004, 19:44
I hate it when I might jump ship and sent of a CV, that a company not even have the guts to give you a "we have received your cv" message. :suspect:

On the other hand they claim on their website:
The 5 star Aviation Recruitment company that Clients and Workers return to for guaranteed professional care. :yuk:

Cheap... I rather go back to Parc or Storm :ugh:

bacardi walla
27th Feb 2004, 01:30
A very "flippant" company, bad communicators of information to potential customers/employees and basically, unreliable.

Krystal n chips
27th Feb 2004, 02:22
Have a look at the Eng / Tech Forum guys---same sentiments about the species per se on there .

Mother
27th Feb 2004, 14:31
Same here. Left a full message on their answer machine ref one of their advertisements but no call back. Useless.

411A
28th Feb 2004, 07:05
For those that have been around a long time...she wasn't much better at Strongfield either.:uhoh:

2Bad2Sad
28th Feb 2004, 09:56
She now properly trained to work for Direct.
After there Advance to Jerry O'Springer.

28th Feb 2004, 15:45
For those of us that have been around a long time, and do know and deal with Fe from time-to-time: I have found her to be a most competent, very approachable and lovely human being! So why don't you all grow up, stop b!tching and get on with it? :ok:

Fiona Betts
28th Feb 2004, 17:12
I should clearly apologise to those of you who have not be happy with us and do so without hesitation.

We are a young company, having opened last September and as a team of 7 we do work very hard to keep everyone informed about the progress of their applications. If we have let you down I am really disappointed to hear this and we'll do everything we can to improve our service to you.

Just to let you know, we received over 200 applications for 12 jobs on B747-200, so you can see that we are handling a great number of CVs all of the time. We have a couple of Falcon 900 Captains who are about to receive permanent job offers and have a meeting this week with an airline who would like to hire and train newly qualified B737 FOs.

Even where we don't reply to you immediately, we do keep your details on file so that we can contact you when we have a job opportunity such as those mentioned.

I have to agree that the telephone is our weak point and we'll do everything we can to make sure that this improves. If I can help anyone with any enquiry about their application please do email me on [email protected].

Kindest Regards, Fiona

Hårek den Hardbalne
29th Feb 2004, 01:41
411A,

Since you obviously have been around long - would you care to tell us when you worked a contract via Stronfield. Oh BTW, I did a Strongfield contract, and guess what - no complaints, no complaints at all. Strange, is it not ;)

411A
29th Feb 2004, 12:45
HdH,

!995-96 to be exact.
GJ was very well thought of....the rest, hmmm, could have been better.

29th Feb 2004, 16:04
You will find (as indeed I have) that empty space Shuttle Commander 411A has:

1. Been everywhere!
2. Worked for everyone!
3. Flown everything!
4. Knows everyone!

He is presently engaged in his latest task of adding to that list two more items:

5. Lied to everyone!
6. Insulted everyone! :}

411A
1st Mar 2004, 00:17

Worldwide aviation is a small community, and yes I have been a lot of places.

Insult...No. Relate the facts, as I see them
Lied? Only you would know about this, i'm sure.
Folks in glass houses with stones would know about
this....your good self, perhaps?

Been around since the Templewood days....a long time.

bacardi walla
1st Mar 2004, 01:21
Fiona Betts Thank you for that very open and honest reply. :ok:

FOUR REDS
1st Mar 2004, 16:44
Fi, an excellent answer

Bacardi Wally, sorry Walla humble pie for YOU! :rolleyes:

homesick rae
1st Mar 2004, 18:42
Nice reply Fiona.

I must confess that communiaction has always been better with your previous companies, but I think you have explained clear enough for the doubters amongst us!

I am not one of those, although I did expect the usual acknowledgement on receipt of my CV.

Wish you well for the future.

trainer too 2
1st Mar 2004, 20:22
Point taken Fiona and will await reply!

:ok:

bacardi walla
3rd Mar 2004, 01:12
FOUR REDS yes, and it was lovely thanks. But then, I wasn't the only one to make comment on Betts and then give a "thanks type" reply. Bet they still don't reply to me with news of vacancies though :rolleyes:

Twin2040
3rd Mar 2004, 06:36
It seems like Fiona Betts has solved the problem herself. I am myself luckey to have a good airline job and there for do not any assistance from job agencies - but some of my mates witnin aviation is out of a job for the time being and do need help to land a new position. From what I have heard is that they all get quick replies on mails when dealing with Fiona Betts ! My point is - that if I one day will need help from a job agency I would apply with Fiona Betts. For me personnal - dealing with a agency who do not care to answer peoples mail etc. would also likely be the kind of people I would not be happy to work for.

crewmeal
3rd Mar 2004, 13:32
Well I have nothing but praise for Fiona. I recently applied for a position to be based in the Middle East and she kept me informed of everything that was happening in a professional way. It turned out to be a 'cowboy' outfit jumping on the hajj bandwagon and it came to nothing. Thank goodness she didn't proceed or else crews could have been 'stranded' somewhere!!

She seems to root out 'Companies' who promise the earth and deliver nothing because they are either trying to make a fast buck or undercut agencies to try and save money.

Sometimes when there isn't any news to come from the office, its because that her clients do not communicate to her and her team so it makes it difficult to pass any information on to individuals.

If you want an agency that doesn't tell you a thing try Airline Appointments. I have applied for various positions with them in the past and not once have they goy back to me.

At least Fiona has jobs to advertise, whereas AA job profile is very limited.