PDA

View Full Version : ryanair self sponsoring schemes

bluefalcon
26th Feb 2004, 18:45
HI EVERYONE,,,

MY QUESTION GOES TO ANY OF YOU THAT HAS DONE RYANAIR´S SSTR SCHEME OR ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE ANSWERS:
HOW IS THE SELECTION PROCESS AS IN WHAT KIND OF QUESTIONS DO THEY ASK YOU, TESTS, ETC, IS IT DIFFICULT TO GET CHOSEN? THEN WHAT CHANCES ARE THERE OF GETTING HIRED AS A PILOT ONCE U FINISH, AND LAST WHAT PILOT EUROPEAN NATIONALITIES ARE THEY LOOKING FOR TO BASE THERE PILOTS.?
THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH AND HAPPY LANDINGS TO ALL..

Keygrip
26th Feb 2004, 22:04
Blue - it doesn't answer your "question to everybody", but my questions to you are why did you post this twice, and why in UPPER CASE?

I note that this is your first foray onto the board (at least in this name) but, please, choose ONE (and only one) forum for your question - if the moderators think it would be better served in a different forum they will move it for you.

Also, please write your messages in lower case (small letters) not UPPER CASE (which is regarded as "shouting") - only do that to stress something.

Hope you get a good response to your question soon - welcome to Pprune.

brownstar
29th Feb 2004, 21:27
bluefalcon

don't realy know much about the current recruitment scheme, they change quite often. Tell us some more details, licence held, number of flying hours, if you are type rated on anything.
Ryanair have take on people with low hours but if you don't have a licence then you will need to get one.
those that have been taken on with low hours get bonded and based acording to requirements.
We do have a base in spain.
give us some more info on your qualifications etc.
some of the guys and girls might have the answers you need

bluefalcon
2nd Mar 2004, 06:42
Dear Brownstar,

I´m sorry to have let out those details you´re requesting me,,
I have the CPL with frozen ATPL but I´m a low experienced pilot (just over 200 hours). Things are difficult for anyone in my situation and any chance or opportunity is of very big concern to me. Its interesting knowing that Ryanair has a base in Spain although I don´t mind at all moving out of my country for any period of time.
I´m very interested in Ryanair´s SSTR and I hope someone can clear me a bit the doubts I posted earlier,,
Thankyou vmuch for your future responses and happy landings to all!! ;)

rodquiman
2nd Mar 2004, 17:25
I am in the same situation than you, Bluefalcon, with just 200hrs.
I wish I be called soon for an interview but is difficult with so little flight time. What I have heard is that there are a lot of Nordic pilots working there and they may be hiring other nationalities but JUST RUMOURS.
BTW a boy told me that there are only three Spanish pilots at Ryanair, so if all this is true... :rolleyes:
I am sorry I don´t know much more about this scheeme.:uhoh:
Just waiting for a call.

Regards.