PDA

View Full Version : Horizon Academy - Al Ain

thecloud
26th Feb 2004, 18:34
Hi, Anyone know anything about these guys ? (yes its rotory wing!) I understand they are teaching up to CPL(H) on Bell206 and AS350. Also, how much is a reasonable Villa cost to rent in Al Ain?

Thanks,
TheCloud:O

TwoDogs
27th Feb 2004, 01:24
Only 206's operating at the moment.
70,000 gets you a castle, 50,000 gets you a 2 bedroom flat, but prices vary hugely depending on location, number of bedrooms etc.

thecloud
27th Feb 2004, 05:47
Thanks twodogs,
appreciate the response. I'm currently talking the wife into the idea of moving up, and a castle for 70,000 sounds just like me! Do you get a pool for that ?

Are there any helo drivers on this forum by the way ? Read a lot of fixed wing stuff, even ATC gets a mention, but not too much on the real thing! ;)

TwoDogs
27th Feb 2004, 13:30
Pools ?????
This place is in the middle of the desert mate...water is at a premium you know.

Actually very few villas seem to have pools, probably cos its too hot to swim most of the year. Lotsa people seem to join the Hilton Sports club and use the pool there..its close to the bar.
Also, not many compounds. Most are stand alone villas in their own enclosure, sometimes 2 or 3 to a compound.

thecloud
27th Feb 2004, 13:38
Hmm, too hot to swim, now there's a novel concept for a Kiwi bloke! I think it will be rather an adventure living up there, probably a bit of you either love it or hate it perhaps.

The Hilton club, does that get you access to a decent gym - or do you just stand outside in the heat for an hour to make up for a few beers!

TwoDogs
27th Feb 2004, 21:21
Are there any helo drivers on this forum by the way ? Read a lot of fixed wing stuff, even ATC gets a mention, but not too much on the real thing!

I presume you mean in the "Middle East" forum and have already looked here
http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=23

does that get you access to a decent gym

I believe so ,,, I haven't made it past the bar yet :ugh:

thecloud
28th Feb 2004, 17:35
Thanks again Two Dogs - yep, that forum looks like the place for a bloke like me to keep an eye on! Hopefully see you in the bar in a few months!