PDA

View Full Version : Doha & Qatar Airways

waitec
26th Feb 2004, 18:06
I am thinking about submitting a pilot application with Qatar Airways. I have been searching and reading slowly the numerours posts but my reading was stopped since, as you might be aware, as of lately this can't be done anymore for some apparent reason. May I please ask you guys some information regarding living in Doha and working with Qatar Airways.

DOHA

I read that Doha can't be compared with Dubai. However having said that, the Government is heavily investing in practically all areas of the industry particularly in the tourisim sector. May I ask how's life in Doha and the surrounding areas. I have a family and therefore would like to ask if there are enough places where to go and activities for the kids. I read that both accommodation and schooling, although expensive, are of a high standard. Since Qatar has to import most of its stuff, certain consumable items are at times out of stock for weeks. Is this true or are things changing with time?

Qatar Airways

Here comes the hot topic. I have read too many posts about the airline to really make up my mind whether its a good airline offering some career propects. If I get the picture right from thousands of miles away, I really can't see where things can go further wrong. Thinking positively things can get only better. I say this due to the fact that if Qatar Airways continues to expand the way they intend to, finding the right people will become more difficult in the future. My questions, which I sincerely hope will be answered, are the following:-

Does the Captain's salary cover all the necessary costs to lead a normal and comfortable life and leave some extra cash for saving? I know that this a very subjective question but I would appreciate some feedback.

May I ask what's the average hours flown in a month? Are leave requests normally approved or are there specific months when the airline gives out leave?

I would be happy to read any other information you guys might deem important.

Thank you in advance for all your help in the matter

waitec
28th Feb 2004, 14:30
Should I have complained or moaned about Qatar Airways first then ask the questions to get some response to them? Come on guys, some help please. If you got fed up writing about the airline that's fine, at least please give some info regarding the city.

Thanks once again

Bangkok Layover
28th Feb 2004, 16:36
Waste of time,Dump the idea!

moremilk
29th Feb 2004, 18:31
DUBAI,,,,thats it.

jet4hire
3rd Mar 2004, 01:06
An spy! don't respond to any post that he inquires about... in other words don't, trust him!!!:cool:

waitec
3rd Mar 2004, 03:33
Jet4hire

I answered you in the topic which was started by yourself.
Thanks for your help anyway.

To those of you willing to help me out in the matter (unless you don't think that I am AN spy like our friend jet4hire) I thank you in advance for your time and help.

Regards
Waitec (also known as AN spy!!!)

jet4hire
4th Mar 2004, 00:59
Accept, my apologies!!

But, the way you recommended me to address my issues using the proper channels...Is a waste of time!! how many of us have already gone to the CEO or the Chief Pilot and nothing gets done!!!

Or how many crew have been terminated for trying to discuss any issues, about te working conditions??? The chief pilot changed completely his personality after being promoted as a Dir. of Optns. ""You have to live it, to believe it""!!

Qatar the people and the country are very pleasant, I feel like I am at home... but unfortunately the company management is disagreeable!

I recommend you, to go to the interview and experience it for your self and don't let no one tell you differently!!

Cheers! Once again excuse my english!!

:ok:

waitec
4th Mar 2004, 02:38
Jet4hire

Thanks for your post. Apology accepted. No hard feelings. Its a pity that people change after being promoted to a certain post.

I hope that things will change for the better and wish you the very best of luck for the future

jet4hire
5th Mar 2004, 00:50
I will recommend you, to go through Contract Air directly!!
It seems to me that your contract will be more adequate through them than it will be with QR ...and then if you decide to stay... you can sign with QR for a direct entry employee. they will give you that choice too.

The interview is very relax and the sim as well, but you must emphasize in your CRM, Single engine profile and a few tech. questions about WX min. and deviation to alternate procedures some air law.

Cheers,

:cool:

waitec
5th Mar 2004, 01:27
Jet4hire

Thanks for your help and information.

Waitec

Rosbif
6th Mar 2004, 03:08
Waitec. Listen to Jet4hire.
He knows what he is talking about. (with the exception of using contractair)
I think everyone should apply, and get a free week in Dubai !!
Then tell 'em to piss off !!
Cheers !