PDA

View Full Version : People leaving EZY

Constant Speed DU
26th Feb 2004, 15:36
Heard through a friend that there have been several resignations at easy ib the last couple of months. Apparently jumping the ship for Virgin territory. How many people have actually resigned and will the resignations continue as the market picks up and more and more jobs appear.

POLICE
26th Feb 2004, 15:50
CSDU,

Are you perhaps one of the worried number of management?

Constant Speed DU
26th Feb 2004, 16:05
definately not, but maybe going elsewhere

Slim20
26th Feb 2004, 17:17
At least 20 since Xmas apparently, more on the way

Constant Speed DU
26th Feb 2004, 19:55
Flip! That's a very high rate, maybe they should try to retain theor pilots like Southwest do. if you are going to copy a business model you copy the whole thing i.e salaries etc not just part of it.

Fifty Above
26th Feb 2004, 23:26
Pity really, but demonstrates that if an easyJet skipper is prepared to go to Virgin for half the salary, there must be something wrong.

It is the time of year for the usual Balpa terms and conditions "negotiations". What this means in reality is that easyJet management refuse to budge on any issue, resulting in such a protracted process that the CC eventually capitulate out of sheer exhaustion.

EasyJet pilots are still waiting to see what's "on offer" this year, as are Balpa. The only way forward is for 100% union membership but solidarity remains an elusive dream.

Having said all that, it's the time of year for pilots to move on, and 20 resignations out of over 1000 pilots isn't really significant is it?

Little Friend
27th Feb 2004, 08:35
Over 1000 pilots-that would make 14 crews per a/c.

If only it were true-then the lifestyle would be better.

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Feb 2004, 14:43
14 pilots = 7 crews. Allow for trainers, part timers (quite a few) and management pilots and that is about right. easyJet do now have over 1,000 pilots on the books.

Traditonally pilots stayed in an airline often for their entire career due to seniority and pension issues. If you set up several airlines with no seniority and no company pension then you change the market somewhat...

Cheers

VSI Bug
27th Feb 2004, 16:22
The pilots don't see easyJet as their long term career airline anymore. With a 6 on 3 off roster most pilots are tired all the time and many are actually fatigued. The company could easily go to a 5 on 4 off or even 4 on 4 off and still get the maximum hours out of each pilot but Ray Webster is not willing to give its crew a better life style.

Many guys I talk to tell me they can’t stay full-time until their retirement, they will probably die early if they keep going like this.

A guy I flew with the other day told me his Captain fell asleep at 8000 feet in the climb out of the London area due to fatique.

It is a symptom of working too many hours too many days in a row.

It is not good. :ugh:

GEENY
27th Feb 2004, 16:36
On this point only, easy should move to Italy.Welcome RW and friends...

spekesoftly
27th Feb 2004, 18:03
WWW,

I take your point about 'seniority and pension' as an employee retention factor, but you appear to imply that easyjet don't have a company pension scheme at all. Care to clarify?

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Feb 2004, 18:14
Its a personal pension scheme into which the company contributes. You can take it with you to another company.

Cheers

Little Friend
27th Feb 2004, 21:22
WWW,

I always said that there were three sorts of people in this world, those that could count and those that can't.

Must try harder....

kriskross
27th Feb 2004, 21:31
1000 pilots = 500 crews.

78 aircraft divided into 500 crews = 6.41 crews per aircraft.

About right ... at the moment11

overdoverover
27th Feb 2004, 21:41
I heard that number of people leaving is more like 40-odd, at least 11 are going to Pacific jet blue (or whatever it's called) and 20-odd to Virgin

BTB
27th Feb 2004, 22:58
Command prospects at easyjet are excellent. A first officer with the right abilities (and the training standards at easy are still extraordinarily high) will be a captain years ahead of those at Virgin or Emirates. Yet F/O`s and even captains are taking the lifestyle choice of moving to the prospect of years in the RHS rather than endure the current ceaseless grind.

Four years ago easyJet management realised they needed to take drastic action to retain and recruit the necessary skilled personnel to keep the airline expanding without reducing standards and safety, and introduced a superb package which worked a treat. Four years on they need to make the same brave and sensible decisions; the supply of redundant pilots from bankrupt european airlines will soon dry up and MyTravel is probably not going bust! A new roster pattern of a genuine 5/3 and a pay package aimed at making easyJet a career airline is the only way to man a fleet expanding at a reported 30% a year.
:ok:

yachtno1
28th Feb 2004, 00:44
I heard that it would take 3 years to get a command from the right seat at Eze ...:cool: